Working with Two Laptops at the Same Time

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mcneilis, Jun 23, 2013.

1. mcneilis macrumors member

I'm just curious more than anything but does anyone have any experience using a MacBook Air in this scenario?

I'm considering adding an 11 inch Air to my 15 inch rMBP as a portable music composition/notation set-up (amongst other things). How do people have theirs set up for similar uses?

2. racer1441 macrumors 68000

My tips.

If you are in the Apple ecosystem, you'll be pretty well off already. Apps bought in the store will be available on both machines. Music will be available on both machines via iTunes. Safari will update and sync bookmarks over icloud, same with e-mail.

For the other stuff that I have bumped into.

1) Some people cannot live with out office. That's alright, not for us to judge. Get the $100 Office 365 subscription. That'll give you five machines to install Office on.

2) Dropbox for all your data. Just set up the machines to use Dropbox as the default folder. You'll never even worry about having one machine with document x and you have the other machine.

3. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

Extra tip:

You can look into http://synergy-foss.org/ as a way for your to use ONE keyboard/trackpad/mouse across multiple computers, so you never have to move over into that computer, just look at its screen. It works pretty well, too.

4. mcneilis thread starter macrumors member