Resolved Workout Activity stops itself.

Thrash911

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Randers, DK
Hey ppl,

I have only had my Apple Watch (series 4, 44mm, alu) for 3 days, but have this consistent problem. I go outside, I start the walking activity and start walking. Everything goes fine, but when I'm NEARING my home (or starting point?) again, it automatically stops the activity. Everything in the workout settings are set to off, because I like having manual control over all this. I see no setting for this anywhere? I failed to find anything about this specific problem on Google. It's a bit frustrating.. I don't want to stop the activity 50 meters before I reach my front door - I want to stop it AT my front door.. :confused:

Can someone shine a light on this?

EDIT: This is not what really happens. See next post.

Last edited:

Thrash911

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Randers, DK
Update.. Took a longer walk. This time it stopped far from my home. So, it seems the other times where it stopped close to my home, was a coincidence. I apologise for that.

But still.. Why is it stopping? As stated above, everything in the workout settings are off, and I set no goals in the activity either. I have read, that it can stop if the watch is worn too loose. But I'm pretty sure mine was nice and tight. Still, I will watch out for that next time. I guess I could tighten it a bit more, but I prefer to have blood circulation in my hand...

I still wear a winter coat, and it gets pretty damp in the wrist area after a while. Today I saw the water drop symbol in the top middle of the screen, so I had to do that funny crown thing, to get rid of it.. :) But that did not happen the other times, where it also stopped by itself.

Am I screwed, if I can't tighten the band more?

EDIT: Also planning to disable "Wake Screen on Wrist Raise". Maybe the inside of my jacket sleeve can manipulate the screen, when it gets damp. Will report back.

Last edited:

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
But still.. Why is it stopping?..

I still wear a winter coat, and it gets pretty damp in the wrist area after a while. Today I saw the water drop symbol in the top middle of the screen, so I had to do that funny crown thing, to get rid of it.. :) But that did not happen the other times, where it also stopped by itself.

This is happening because of the sweat/moisture activating the touch screen.

After starting the workout swipe right and manually enable the water lock to avoid this happening.

It happens to me if I run with a jacket and I’ve had my run both turn off and get changed into a swim before I found it necessary to do this when my jacket covered the screen and I was sweating.

HTH

Reactions: Thrash911

Thrash911

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Randers, DK
After starting the workout swipe right and manually enable the water lock to avoid this happening.
Aaah, I didn't know you could do that. Thank you! :) I'll try this out tonight.

EDIT: It worked great. Water lock did the trick!

Last edited: