Workout App and Elapsed Time, Elapsed, Time and Elapsed Time???

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Julien, May 11, 2015.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

On the Workout App it always shows the Elapsed Time. You can also change the upper display to Elapsed Time and also the lower display to Elapsed Time. Since the main display is always Elapsed Time (I see no way to change it) what is the point in having it displayed Elapsed Time more than one? Seems redundant.

[​IMG]

2. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Post got buried with almost no one looking at it. Maybe some fitness 'freaks' are on line now. Does anyone know why Apple shows Elapsed Time in the option fields when it is 'stuck' on the main display or is there some way to show other info in the main field display?

3. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

I have never seen the screen you posted, mine only shows two pieces of information. Speaking of which, why only two? I'd like to see 3 or 4, maybe the ability to customize them the way you can watch faces. Flicking back and forth between views while riding a bike is essentially impossible.

4. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

When you start a Workout Activity you don't see all 3 fields? What field are you missing, top or bottom? You may need to do a reset.

[​IMG]

5. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Nope, if I don't choose an open workout, which I always do, then I see a ring the indicates percentage complete. Def' don't care enough to reset my watch over it.

6. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Just learned something. I had always set to Open. I see if you set to Calories or Distance you get that metric in the main field. I still don't understand what you are seeing and what field you are missing.

[​IMG]

7. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

I was missing the middle field, but you motivated me to RTFM where I found " Instead of viewing the progress rings, you can choose to see your distance, calorie, or time values numerically. Open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, tap My Watch, then turn on Workout > Show Goal Metric."

This is a little misleading because in reality it also disables the middle metric completely. So I had it set to open and it was just blank. Now I see the same thing you see. And I agree with you, we should be able to choose to see whatever metric we want without needing to swipe.

8. MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

You can disable/enable additional informations in the Activity settings