Workout App - Auto Pause for RUNNING Only ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by telefono, Sep 18, 2016.

1. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I have owned the original Apple watch from the beginning and hardly ever used the Workout app because I use other gadgets that measure my activities/sport. I bought the Apple watch for everything else it does except the fitness features. Today I decided to give it another try since they added Auto Pause, It seems Auto Pause has only been added to the Running option in the Workout App and not for outdoor walking or cycling, am I missing something here ?

This is great for Runners but how do people that use the watch for walking or cycling only feel ? does it bother you pressing pause every time you stop ? obviously your ave speed etc will be wrong if you didn't. For all you runners I'm sure you are excited with the accurate results the Apple watch gives you with auto pause, after my short run test today the watch works perfect with accurate results compared to my garmin. Without Auto pause the fitness features were useless to me before, and now with auto pause its still useless for what I need out of a fitness device.

I'm happy for all you Runners and hope Apple adds Auto Pause to Walking and Cycling in Workout app :)

2. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

Some other 3rd partyt apps have had this feature all along such as Runmeter / walkmeter / cyclemeter - which are all the same app but configured differently for each activity.