Workout app in WatchOS 2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bmac4, Oct 7, 2015.

1. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Hey guys I am not sure if this has been started yet or not, but the last two morning I have been using the workout app on my Apple Watch while in the treadmill. Both times I was on it for 20 minutes. Yesterday it told me I exercised for 14 minutes, and today it says 7. I don't understand. I am starting and stopping it when I start and finish, and the time is 20 minutes. Has anything seen this before?

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

You will get credit for the length of the workout based on workout app use. You will get credit for exercise not because you used the workout app but because you met a metric the watch calls exercise. It normally requires an elevated heart rate of roughly 100 and above. I'm not sure of the exact number. It works this way because a workout may have you standing around for the first 10 minutes for whatever reason but this is not exercise until you do something so it measures the two separately.

3. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Oh ok cool thinks. Did not know that. I should have though. Thanks

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

There is no 'exact' HR number because it is relative to each person's individual metrics.;)

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Right and from the posts I have seen around here most people are above 100 when they get their credit. With no fixed number though, you're correct that its an individual number. Thanks for adding that detail.