Workout Bluetooth Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by imac9556, Jul 21, 2010.

1. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Hey,
    Does anyone have suggestions for the "best" bluetooth headphones that is sweat/water resistant?
    I have the Moto S9 HD bluetooth headphones and they are not sweat resistant at all!

Thanks!

2. thecoolone1 macrumors regular

In my opinion I would say Jay Bird all the way! Pick up the Fredom series. It also comes with a lifetime warranty again sweat. The quality is always very nice comparable to a set of S9's.

3. tombee macrumors member

I've been using the Moto s9's for the past year. No problems.
    A couple months back I cut up a headband and slid a sleeve over the electronics part of the headband to keep direct sweat off. Seems to be working fine and doesn't look too bad.

4. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I recently received the Moto S9 HD's and will be returning them soon. They just don't maintain a connection and regularly drop and reconnect when I have the phone in my pocket. Ruins the music experience for me.

5. jhkaplan macrumors regular

I just ordered the JayBird headband BT headphones. They should be arriving tomorrow or Monday. I'll let you know how they go w/ my workout.

6. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

7. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

8. screamace macrumors member

I got Nokia BH505 for $60 from J&R and am very satisfied. If you like in-ear headsets you can give it a try. It's supposed to be sweat resistant.

9. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

I know its been a few weeks, have you had a chance to put these through the paces?

Biggest question, have you used them while working out?

10. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Yes, I'd like to know your impressions as well on the Nokia headphones. Recently got a pouch on my Amphipod belt for the iPhond and have been using RunKeeper. Having bluetooth headphones would rock.

11. extrachrispy macrumors regular

extrachrispy

I've put many hours of sweat into this set of Kensingtons with no problems:

http://us.kensington.com/html/14494.html

I *do* set up a fan in front of the trainer when cycling indoors, and that doubtless helps, but the foam pads get plenty sweaty anyway.

They're roughly $30 when you catch them on sale (e.g., a buy.com email flyer, which is where I got mine).

12. enklined macrumors 6502

13. Cakester macrumors regular

I love mine and they work awesome, sound quality isn't too bad either. I use them while working out and while running.

14. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

The JayBird Sportsband is amazing. :D It doesn't slip, lasts up to eight hours, & isn't bothered by sweat. Plus, the sound quality is phenomenal (or to me, at least. :p)

15. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I always hated a pair of JayBird Headphones I had (not the band). I got them a couple years ago so maybe they have improved, but the fit was terrible no matter how much I messed with them and they had to be outrageously close to my iPhone to pick up.

A month ago I tried them one last time and after giving up again I smashed them to pieces with a wooded mallet. :p

16. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

I cannot possibly see how these would work out in a gym setting. Running on a treadmill or laying back on a bench I see them coming right off.

The more I look around and the more reviews I read it would seem like no company has nailed this design. This is a huge market so I can't begin to understand how many could fall so short.

The Sony ones bounce out of your ears because of that stupid band around back. The jaybirds, plantronics, and nokias all fail from sweat. The S9's have the best track record but unless they are deep in your ears they sound terrible (these are the only ones I've personally tried)

There is a set of Sennheisers that I can't find much on but they have the battery on a lanyard around your neck. I can't see that being comfortable bouncing on your chest as you run.

17. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

They are coated with a rubber-type material on the inside that doesn't slide around on your head. Otherwise, they probably would slide off.

18. rdeloviar macrumors newbie

If you just need music for working out Monster Ifreeplay
    I also have an Iphone and a touch but i keep using these to workout in. Of course you still need a 2nd gen shuffle. After over a year of heavy use I wore out my first pair...picked up a second pair for 15 bucks.

19. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I advise against the Motorola S9. I went through 2 of them since they weren't really sweat proof. Some of the buttons stopped working. But when it did work, it was great. Also, it may just be me, but I couldn't lay down on my to do any workout since the headset was behind my head. I had to take it off to lay my head comfortably.

20. xraytech macrumors 68030

Sweat Proof for Life. Jaybird supplies a lifetime warranty against sweat, which is pretty awesome considering this is a main concern of many people who workout and listen to music.

http://www.workoutheadphones.org/jaybird-freedom-bluetooth-earbuds-review/