Workout don't save automatically

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Scotth48, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Scotth48 macrumors member

I was wondering why my workouts don't save without me hitting the save button I thought they save automatically? It's still the same as before you do a workout and stop it when it's over and have to hit save. Am I missing something I don't see how they save without hitting the button

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Yeah. This is confusing me as well. All I know is the data is automatically saved. But then why do I need to hit "Save"? What will happen if I tap "Cancel"?
    If this is just for when you don't want some specific workout saved, why not have us delete it on Activity in iPhone instead?

3. Scotth48 thread starter macrumors member

I thought after a workout it would just save automatically sometimes I forget to save and also I thought there was an exercise icon when workout app was running to let you Know your still in workout app don't see that either

4. sumsingwong macrumors 6502

sumsingwong

Since when did it ever save automatically? I don't recall them stating they would update for autosave. If you started a workout and had to stop due to an interruption, I would want an option to cancel and start over and not save automatically.

5. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Once you're hitting "X" the data is saved, whether you'll save it or not. I know this because before I tap "Save" the activity show I have completed the ring for the day.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I wish Apple would add a Resume button for when you accidentally Hit End. Resume would be more useful than Lock.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Your watch has no idea that your activity is over unless you tell it so. Many of us have forgot to end and save right after. Not the end of the world.

8. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

What is "Lock" supposed to do?

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They're not the only ones that don't have that feature but I agree. I wished they did put that in there.

10. friedmud macrumors 65816

It doesn't "auto save" but the new workflow IS improved.

Before, when you ended and saved your workout it dumped you out of the Workout app completely. If you were just switching exercises (like treadmill to rowing) you had to reopen the workout app... which was annoying. Now, it's much quicker when switching activities.

Also, it happened to me quite a lot that I would end my workout but NOT save it. What this meant is that the next day I would go to start a workout and be presented with the save screen for the previous day... which meant I had to hit Save.... be dumped out of the App.... restart the app and THEN finally be able to start my activity. It's definitely better now.

11. Scotth48 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I figured it out after a workout I just hit the x to stop and it automatically saved the workout so that's cool problem solved

12. kriista1234 macrumors regular

I wish that it would just save automatically once you hit 'end' and didn't have to scroll to save. It seems that wanting to cancel a workout is so rare that you can do it via a different interface.

I often take short bike rides around the city and my OCD wants to track them all as workouts and it's unpleasant constantly having to scroll/save each time.

Hell, I'd love a 'workout complication' which can start a given workout with one press.

13. Scotth48 thread starter macrumors member

It will save now automatically when you hit end I just tried it it works

14. kriista1234 macrumors regular

Really?!

As in, not just the move/activity rings, but it stores the workout data itself?

That'd be really effing convenient to just hit 'end' and walk away.

15. Scotth48 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I tried after a 30 minute workout I hit the x to end it and it saves automatically pretty cool