Workout Headphones w/ iPhone Controls

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by adversus, Jun 12, 2015.

1. adversus macrumors regular

adversus

Hey folks -

Looking for advice on some workout ear buds (preferably with ear hooks) with iPhone controls.

I use Sennheiser as my preferred brand for most of my cans but their only ear hook ear bud doesn't work with the iPhone apparently. Not really interested in paying $199 for Beats either.

So the question is, what do you use, and how do you like them?

2. tsevince macrumors regular

tsevince

I personally use the Jabra Rox Wireless: http://www.jabra.com/Products/Bluetooth/JABRA_ROX/Jabra_ROX

They've also got a Sport edition, which I believe improved on handling sweat: http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-SPORT-ROX-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B00OKZVOKG

I find the ear loops provided help keep it secure in my ears, given my right ear is bigger than my left, it's nice to have something that finally fits both.

The whole magnetic snapping to shut off is a gimmick, not really useful in the real world as they come off really easily, unless you like hanging them around your neck which I don't do.

Battery life is about 1-2 hours I'd say and it's a little on the quieter end, but I got em on sale for about $60, which makes it worth the trouble.

3. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

I used JayBird Bluebud X wireless headphones. They have hooks that come off, so you have the option to take them off if you want. However they came recommended to me from my boyfriend. He does circus/acrobatics. A lot of his friends wear these. Lyra, Chinese Pole, Silks, tumbling, you name it - they stay in. Very durable even if you sweat.

I wear them for weight training and without the hooks, and they stay in my ears. I've had them for a little over a year and I've had no problem. Very durable. I get about an honest 5 hours a day with them.

4. nostaws macrumors 6502

nostaws

5. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

I got my wife the JayBird Bluebuds, she got me the Backbeat Fits.

The JayBirds completely block sound, so she generally runs with one out of her ear. She likes the fit, but has to clip the long wire under her ponytail. Averages about 1-2 weeks on a charge, and sometimes forgets that she has them in.

I like the Backbeat fits, although they sometimes are a little tight on my ears, but I use them happily for 30-120 minutes at a time. I average about 1 week between charges, but that's both running and using them around the house. Loud enough to hear music or running stats, I can still hear everything going on around me. Because they loop over the ear, they jockey for space with my running hat and sunglasses. Around the house, I love that there's no cord to catch on things.