Workout & Music App Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dharmasarc, May 11, 2015.

1. dharmasarc macrumors member

dharmasarc

Can you use the music app to listen to music via your bluetooth headphones and use the workout app at the same time?

And if so then are there any issues with the workout app accuracy or general buggyness?

2. ujjbd16 macrumors newbie

I have done this several times without any problems. Much better than having the iPhone in the gym with me.:)

3. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

I've done it, it works.

Headphone cutout for 100s of milliseconds at a time about twice a minute, which never happens with armband and phone.

I rarely do it as I rely Audible and Overcast too much.

4. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

It works great with one caveat. There's a Bluetooth bug where if you are paired to the watch and leave the iPhone range, your headphones will cut out. The workaround is to turn off Bluetooth on your phone.

When they fix that, it will be awesome because you could leave range and when you come back into it, all your notifications would come through [in theory].

5. dharmasarc thread starter macrumors member

dharmasarc

I have a problem. I have a Playlist on my AW and connected to my Sony MBR10BTs. It works fine but when i raise my wrist and activate the watch it automatically pauses the music...

Is this a design fault? How am i meant to get onto the watch to look at stuff if it auto pauses the music when i raise my wrist!?