Workout Tracking with more than 1 app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by callmemike20, Nov 4, 2018.

1. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

I bought my first Apple Watch a few weeks ago and the activity tracking is confusing me.

I do yoga every morning and I use the Gaiam YogaStudio app to schedule classes and keep myself on track. YogaStudio records data to healthkit. Unfortunately, it does not record heart rate data from my watch. Therefore, I simultaneously have been opening up the workout app while doing Yoga.

When I go to the activity app, it shows I completed 2 workouts. 1 from the Workout App and 1 from YogaStudio. It also shows my heart rate on both workouts (since I was tracking it with the workout app). But - when I delete the duplicate workout app workout, the heart rate data disappears from the YogaStudio workout.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to simply use the Gaiam app but still record heart rate data at the same time?

2. menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

Apple Watch is not designed to run two workout activities at the same time. For example, I cannot run Nike Run Club and Apple Workout Running. It cancels the other. You can use Cardiogram as an app on your watch and/or complication. It will record your heartbeat and relate to your yoga activity.

3. Luiggi7 macrumors regular

Another option is to deny “workout recording” permissions for yoga app. This way you can do and follow whatever on your watch app and it will only record a workout from native apple app.

4. callmemike20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

This works perfectly! I ran the cardiogram app while using YogaStudio and the activity app correctly recorded my workout and heart rate. No duplicates!