Workouts App - 0 calories burned

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jclardy, Apr 25, 2018.

1. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Has anyone seen this bug in the workouts app? For me it seems to happen most often on indoor cycle, I'll start the activity, start riding, look at my watch five minutes later and total/active calories both show zero. My heart rate is up and being displayed properly (and has been tracking) but the activity just doesn't actually start counting anything.

I then kill the activity app and restart it and then within ten seconds it will display 1 calorie burned just from my elevated heart rate.

Is this just a bug? is it only in this one activity? I feel like I run into it at least 3/5 days of the week.

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Have you restarted the Apple Watch? This will probably 'fix' it.

3. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

I recently crossed the International Date Line. My phone automatically corrected itself. But my watch was still showing the previous date, and for some reason that prevented the workout app from recording calories and distance.

So, you might want to check the time and date on your phone to make sure it is in sync with the time and date on your watch.

4. GRT89521 macrumors member

GRT89521

With older versions of watchOS I would see this. it could take 5+ minutes to start showing the calories but it would show end up with the correct number. So at like minute 6 all the sudden I would have 50-65 calories shown and then it would track the rest of the workout fine. I haven't seen this recently.

5. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

You can try this Watch App>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data