workspace...and wallpaper question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by niko123, Mar 14, 2008.

1. niko123 macrumors newbie

hey guys....

i just bought my mac book pro! ...and im loving it!!!

and i wanted to know...if there is a way that i can have 4 workspaces instead of 3...and if each workspace can have a different wallpaper...??

if i can...how??

any help would be greatttttt.....THANKS in advance!

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

via spaces system preferences, I don't know of a way to have 3 and not 4, or for any to have a specific desktop image.

it may be possible to run a script, but I can't recall any hacks published so far

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

System Preferences - Expose & Spaces - Spaces. Then add/delete columns/rows by using the + and - buttons.

It is not possible to have different backgrounds for each space unfortunately.

edit:
    It is easy, 1 row and 3 columns.

4. cujoe86 macrumors member

is it posible to run a different virtual machine in each space? Like OSX in one, windows in another, and linux in the last one? I want to get a setup like that when my mbp gets here

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Yes it is possible to do that with parallels and probably VMware, although you will want a chunk of ram to run it.

I'm not sure how thay handle fullscreen so they may have to be windowed.

6. cujoe86 macrumors member

thanks for the info :D

7. niko123 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the info about the workspace and wallpapers! I was just hoping there was a way....cause i got so used to my other laptop running ubuntu....so i figured that the mac would have the same aviallibity of running different wallpapers on each workspace...

and yes it is possible to run linux in a VM.... i have a parallel in mines running windows server ...since this laptop was just given to me...from work to run my servers.....

any whoo it is possible to run linux

8. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

sorry OP, I was assuming you meant a triangular pattern.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well you can set your wallpaper to change every second so when you switch a desktop, it'll look like you have different wallpaper for each. :D