World Charger Options

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PTVMan, Feb 16, 2016.

1. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

My wife and I are traveling to London next week and looking for charger/adapter options. We both will have an iPhone and iPad to keep charged so it would be nice to find something with 2 USB ports with enough juice to charge an iPhone and iPad simultaneously. Can someone make product suggestions for me? TIA!

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

3. PTVMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

The only question I have is why buy something like that as a one-time use purchase? If you want such a device, buy it with a US plug (or whatever plug you use locally) and just buy the UK adapter to make it work there. Then you get to keep using it at home.

Note that you do need to make sure that any 3rd party adapter is rated at '100-240v AC'. All the Apple ones are.

5. Matthew.H macrumors 6502

Matthew.H

6. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Hotel rooms have USB ports now generally - at least the nicer ones do. Just bring a lightning cable, or stop at the Apple Store there.

If you plan on traveling a lot, consider the world travel kit. Saved me tons of times when I travelled Europe. It'll even work with your Macs.

7. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

To add to this, @PTVMan - if you don't travel often, don't go crazy on this. Buy a 2 or 3 pack of these for $7 so you can use your existing chargers. If you're staying at a hotel, you can probably borrow one from them if you didn't bring enough.

If you have plans for other countries in the near future, this is a good universal adapter.

8. PTVMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big, big thanks to everyone! I REALLY appreciate your insights and recommendations!!