World Cup Live on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by modit, Jun 10, 2010.

1. modit macrumors 6502

How can I get live streaming of FIFA 2010 games. I'm in Canada so CBC is out only cable carrier. It's 2010 people :rolleyes:

ANY tips would be helpful! Thanks!

2. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I usually use Justin tv to watch games from the European leagues. You can download the app (free) and just do a search when a game is on.
    There are people from all over the world broadcasting games.

3. modit thread starter macrumors 6502

How the quality of those matches i.e. more ppl = bad stream? What's the chance that it would fail during the match or be taken down due to copyright issues?

If this is the best way, I'll definitely give it a try! :D

4. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

Can you get an iPhone to connect to it ?

5. profets macrumors 68040

6. modit thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm with Rogers but isn't the mobile on demand $5 a month subscription? I'm not sure since I just read this on another site...

EDIT: WTH? DID I READ THAT RIGHT?

Hello!

2nd EDIT: HELL NO!

We need solution friends!

7. profets macrumors 68040

ahh, geez, didnt see $10 for fifa games when i first saw rogers announce it the other day.

kind of sucks that you subscribe to the on demand and then have to pay again for the games. if you really need them on the go its not a bad option

otherwise like someone else mentioned, slingbox, if you have one.

8. modit thread starter macrumors 6502

Since I see also see through the Rogers cash grab, I'm going to try justin tv since I don't have a slingbox.

Hope it works out :eek:

9. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

It will work best if you connected to WIFI ...but still good if you are just using 3G

10. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

Not sure if these are solutions for non-Americans...

ESPN's World Cup iPhone app will broadcast live audio and nearly simultaneous highlights if you're willing to pay the one-time $7.99 app upgrade. ESPN Radio's app ($2.99 one-time fee) will have live audio.

It's yet unclear whether Univision's Futbol app will stream live games. I know that live "gamecasts" will be available. It might be worth keeping on your phone just in case.

MobiTV's iPhone app will stream live ESPN Mobile games via 3G or wi-fi. It's $9.99 for one month of viewing, $24.99 for three months, and $44.99 for six months. It's an in-app purchase and therefore not reoccurring.

Justin.tv's feeds can sometimes be hit or miss. The video quality can stink and since they're not authorized feeds, they can go out without warning.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, they have an iphone app that works over 3G and Edge and streams your home channels to your phone.

12. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

Works great over both and since the world cup is only 1 month, then its only $10 !

Also my Fiance has it on her iphone and since we both share the same itunes account then I only paid $10 for both phones.

13. Aero26 macrumors regular

A little off topic but ESPN3 will provide WC coverage over the tourney month. FOr what thats worth. :p Be on a lookout for that app. -_-

14. vanscitizen macrumors newbie

vanscitizen

+1 for MobiTV app! I streamed both games off and on at work today and it works great! Next time I'm bringing a wall charger for sure, but not bad for 10 bucks and you get a ton of other channels besides ESPN...

15. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I can get Mobitv on my iPhone, but when I search for it on my iPad it doesn't come up in any search results. I thought you could get any iphone app on the iPad, just it might have to be pixel doubled. Why can't I get mobitv on my iPad??

16. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

It's not yet compatible with the iPad. Only the iPhone. There are a handful of apps that are like that.

17. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

18. supercaliber macrumors regular

Do you know if mobitv supports video out on the iphone with the doc connector?

I am considering buying composite cables and mobitv, ditching my cable at home.

Sounds reasonable???? if it works....

19. fru macrumors member

This is a fantastic site, I've been streaming games on the bus on my way home from work every day and the quality is always excellent.

20. iphoneaddict23 macrumors newbie

Watching WorldCup on iPhone

You can try TVUplayer on iPhone. The lite version lets you play 2 mins. of video to test the quality. $4.99 for the full version.

21. Gamst macrumors regular

Gamst

ITV worldcup is pretty good. Though itv commentary and punditry is horrendous!

22. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

Now only if iPhone can play Flash video :D

I can stream the video live from CBC to my Nexus One without any problem, but it takes a lot of data. Other than that I'm not sure how you can watch WC on a phone in Canada.

23. inlvnv macrumors member

If you get espn3 through your cable company or have tv tuner card in your pc/mac, orblive app.