World Cup on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blancoBronco, May 28, 2010.

1. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I'm going to be away from my TV for parts of this year's World Cup, particularly the England vs USA game. Is there any app or website that I could use to watch live games during the Cup?

2. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Check out the Justin TV app. Then search for world cup or something. I'm sure someone will be streaming the game. The quality over 3G is actually really good (depending if the streamer is streaming it in good quality). It's what I did to watch some of the NHL playoff games since I don't have freaking VS or CBC.

3. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

I am not entirely sure if this is possible, but what about using a UK VPN account to watch the BBC's coverage via iPhone. That's what i'm doing on my Mac, and I'd like to see if I can try the same on an iPhone.

4. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

You can as above on an iPhone using TVCatchup.com (iphone.tvcatchup.com), Use a VPN if your abroad, or alternatively invest in a Slingbox, revolutionary piece of kit - very handy!

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

easy solution for tvcatchup could be to jailbreak and purchase location spoofer from cydia and fake the location

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or get a slingbox.
    I'll be watching some games on my phone when away from my TV.
    Im not missing any goals :D

7. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

The mobitv app is advertising that it will carry "all world cup games", the app is free, but you'll need to purchase a subscription within the app. You may need to contact there support to make sure that they really mean ALL games and not just the ones on espn, since the UK/US game will be on ABC.

8. ashleywatson macrumors newbie

No worry dear..... Iphone application preparing for the world cup on your iphone, If you are considering world cup on your phone download first is Southafrica2010 World Cup Soccer Cup Tracker.

9. Scott90 macrumors 6502

Oh, I will do that right away! Can't wait to watch the World Cup final, 7 months ago.

10. shotts56 macrumors 6502

Maybe their next app will be some sort of TARDIS to get us there ...