World of Goo

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Oneness, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Oneness macrumors regular

I'm a little surprised that no one has started a thread on this little gem, so I guess I'll have to do it myself.
    I don't know what it says about the Wii, but Goo is the only game on the Wii I have been excited about since Mario Kart - and I havn't played MK in about a month.
    Anyway, I just got the game last night and so far the design and gameplay are top notch - IMHO. You would think that slapping together blobs of goo would get old, but so far there has been enough different scenerios thrown in to keep it fresh. I am still on the first island (or level) but I plan on putting in some major time on this game over the next week.
    World of Goo - this is what Wii Ware is all about.

2. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Sounds cool - if I used our kids' Wii I would grab it ... but fortunately there is a Mac / PC version coming soon (Amazon link) ... I already have it pre-ordered.

3. Oneness thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the headsup. i will be looking for the Mac version.

4. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Hmm.... get it for Wii now, or Mac later... Not sure.

5. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I am playing it right now. It really is a well polished puzzler with a lot of personality. I really enjoy this game. Works really great with the Wii-mote.

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I better buy this before I get to that I'll get it later stage. Innovation must be rewarded.

7. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Ohh, the Mac version is boxed. Sweet, I know I'll be buying that. I hope it's available in stores.

8. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

The mac version is really good.
    Seriously though, the diffuculty curve is like walking along a perfectly flat floor, then during the 4th level, a giant tarantula the size of a school bus comes out to play... It goes from hard to impossible very quickly.

9. MacDuff macrumors regular

powerpc version

Do you mac players know if World of Goo is playable on a G5 powerpc with 10.4? My work computer has yet to jump to leopard.

Anyone who's bought it know for sure?

10. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

The requirements are a G4 or better processor.

11. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I played the demo on my PowerBook and was really impressed. The gameplay is unique, fun, and addictive. If I had the money right now I would definitely buy the game. Just to note, the game ran perfectly on my system; no hiccups or slowdowns.