World of Warcaft on Macbook(Users Only!)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by branharrison6, Apr 21, 2007.

1. branharrison6 macrumors member

I only want Macbook users to answer to this thread that play WoW. I've gotten SOO many mixed signals on how this game works on the current gen Macbooks. Someone please tell me how it works and tell me ur current setup. I.E.
    Processor Speed
    RAM

2. mcmuffy macrumors newbie

I'm using a CoreDuo Macbook with 2gb piped out to a 26" 1920x1200 monitor.
    The game does not run great and there is some frame drop in busy areas but nothing show stopping. I also have a PC with a way better gfx card and cpu but I use the mac version as it is good enough and I could not be bothered to fire up the pc.
    Basically if FPS and high res graphics are all you are bothered about don't bother but if you can handle 'good enough' WoW on a macbook is way better than I expected it to be.

3. branharrison6 thread starter macrumors member

Thing is your using a core duo processor. With the Core 2 Duo things may improve?

4. Agent Smith macrumors 6502

Agent Smith

C2D MacBook w/ 2 gb RAM here. I run WoW with all of the settings minimized. I find the biggest performance hits come in the Outlands. Questing in the world is fine, but when you go to a largely populated area such as Shattrath City you can start to see some hiccoughs. The major hits, at least for me, come in instances in the Outlands and the higher end raids in Azeroth where there are many players. I pride myself on being able to do a good job in an instance/raid (warrior), and the choppiness makes this difficult to do. In sum, a MacBook is fine for doing world quests, but less than ideal for instances.

I don't know myself, but the age of the server that you play on might also have an impact on performace. I leave that determination to those much wiser and knowledgeable than I...