World of warcraft hybrid???

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ipodwarrior, Dec 16, 2007.

1. ipodwarrior macrumors newbie

Many stores that I see online sell the world of warcraft game. At the end of the title it says (PC/mac) or (PC/mac) hybrid. Does this mean it comes with both PC version and macintosh version?

Help appreciated.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Blizzard has done a good job of having PC/Mac versions of their software on one disc.

3. ipodwarrior thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats great! Thanks for help.

4. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Blizzard have always been progressive from that respect, they have always included Mac and PC versions on the one Disc. But don't buy them from the Apple store because you will pay more.

Considering they have merged with Activision I'm wondering if Activision will start selling hybrids or Blizzard with start selling separate Mac and PC versions of their software.

5. pscoble macrumors 6502

Like a few have said it is all on the same disk pc and mac I think more game companies should take this approach if at all possible its much more easy then having to get 2 different versions.

6. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

[nitpick mode=ON]Not quite always; earlier versions of some of their games were not hybrid since the Mac version lagged behind a little. So you can find PC-only Blizzard discs if you look hard enough.[nitpick mode=OFF]

They've said that the merger was a "behind the scenes" thing only and doesn't affect how the two companies work, so I wouldn't expect to see any changes in that area.

--Eric