Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan7592

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
I recently got world of warcraft and I installed it on my macbook. How many of you play this game on a macbook?

Is there any other threads I can look at on this topic?

MacHappytjg

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Winnipeg
I recently got world of warcraft and I installed it on my macbook. How many of you play this game on a macbook?

Is there any other threads I can look at on this topic?

i used to play it on my macbook and its the base 1st gen with 1.83ghz and my bro played it on his 1.83ghz g5 it ran great on both but mine it was a little tiny bit sketchy but im sure it should work good on ur 2.0ghz and i ran 512mb of ram:D

dan7592

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
oh and another thing: Will it hurt the computer if I run SMC fan control? I need to keep my computer cool while playing lol.

H$R

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
Switzerland
I am not playing WoW, but my sister does on her MacBook. She has the November 2007 2.2 GHz C2D model, with 2 GB ram in it. It runs fine, as you can guess.
I don't know anything about the Fan speeds and temps while WoW is running though.

MacHappytjg

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Winnipeg
I am not playing WoW, but my sister does on her MacBook. She has the November 2007 2.2 GHz C2D model, with 2 GB ram in it. It runs fine, as you can guess.
I don't know anything about the Fan speeds and temps while WoW is running though.

yea i have the first macbook to come out and its the 1.83 ghz and it runs fine a little glichty at times but i dont play ne more and or know ne thing about the temps and fan speeds so i just ps3 now for me :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.