World Wide Photowalk contest submission poll

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Keleko, Oct 3, 2011.

?

Which photo should I submit for the photo walk contest?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2011.
  1. Evanjahlist

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Painted Face

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Nicole

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Keleko macrumors 68000

I'm trying to decide between three photos to submit for my photo walk contest entry. I'd like to see some votes on which of these three you think is the best one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fireman32 macrumors 6502a

While I love all 3 the fist one gets my vote. He seems like a very interesting character.

3. stradale33 macrumors member

stradale33

+1

all three are nice pictures and seem to suggest a story but I really want to know the story of that first dude!

Joel

4. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I think the first one is too soft but is the more interesting. But in terms of quality, I'd go for the second.

5. TheDrift-, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

I suppose number 1 is the morre tradtionally 'artistic' shot, but a bit soft esp the hands,

Number 2 is a bit tight for me...I cant understand the context of why she is wearing make up like that.

I actually prefer number 3 , has a nice honesty and a genuine smile always makes me smile..(suspect i may be in the minority here though)

6. Keleko thread starter macrumors 68000

There wasn't really any context to why she was wearing the makeup. People in the area I was shooting are an eclectic mix. She was just one of the people on the street, and she had that painted face that made her stand out.

7. TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

That background adds for more to the shot..I would just assume its some kind of party/carnival/mardi-gra/kids party (face painting) event.

If there was more street in the shot, as a viewer maybe you could fill that bit of story in for youself .....if she walking around looking that amazing...it makes for a great story.

.....all 3 are great shots never the less!!! I still come back to number 3 though...and i'm not sure why...x factor I guess!!

8. skyton macrumors 6502

Really like number 1. While all three are good it was number one that drew me in and held my attention.

I think the interesting face was key and encourages further examination. I also liked the shallow depth of field which neatly avoids any distractions from the face.