World Wide Warranty?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Daniel B, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Daniel B macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'll probably travel to the US in April and was thinking to pick up an iPad.

Will the iPad (WiFi) be covered by Apple's World Wide Warranty?

Do we know? Intelligent speculation?

Thanks,

Daniel

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

In general Apple portable products tend to have world-wide coverage and desktop products tend to have local-market coverage only.

3. jonnyb macrumors 65816

I'm sure it will. My US MacBook Air had its screen replaced in the UK under warranty.

4. joseluis.17 macrumors regular

same here my macbook was buyed in the US and repaired in mexico under warranty, and since the ipad dosen't come with a contract or that stuff like an iphone I think you should be ok

5. Daniel B thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, the iPhone is excluded from the world wide wide warranty. Probably because it's sold by the telecom operators.

Since the iPad is unlocked and sold directly by Apple, I'm guessing and hoping for a world wide warranty. Would be great with an official confirmation.

/Daniel

6. ankurgupta macrumors newbie

3G iPad Global Warranty

I am more concerned about the iPad 3G models coming with global warranty or not.

Now that the iPad is not bound to a telecom operator, it might carry global warranty. Need someone to confirm it though.

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

http://www.apple.com/legal/applecare/appforipad

Keep an eye on that link. Once it goes live, it should have the information needed. It's a dead link for now, but it's directly from Apple's site.

jW

8. Daniel B thread starter macrumors newbie

Affirmative

Information about AppleCare for the iPad is available at:

http://www.apple.com/legal/applecare/appforipad.html

I don't have a legal background, but my interpretation is that one could seek service world wide.

Since the warranty is the first complimentary year of AppleCare, I conclude that Apple will offer a world wide warranty for the iPad.

Best,

Daniel