World's Best Kept Secret?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fibonacci, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Fibonacci macrumors newbie

Is it just me, or is the lack of solid information on the 2nd Gen iPhone the World's Best Kept Secret? You know, things no one cares about notwithstanding.

Think about the number of people who have/had access to some part of the phone - there must be thousands! Development, testing, manufacturing, packaging, 3rd party! It boggles the minds.

Clearly, divulgence carries some exceptional penalties, but shouldn't there be some minor AT&T outlet somewhere with a small cadre of disgruntled employess who intend to quit anyway - willing to photo and distribute some details?

With the manufacturing taking place in China, wouldn't there be a similar situation with at least the packaging manufacturer? A spy gets a job at the printer that produces the packaging and proceeds to photo one of the boxes.

Seriously, it almost makes me reconsider my abysmal view of conspiracy theories. "Three may keep a secret if two are dead." - Benjamin Franklin

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The world's best kept secret is the fact that there will be MacBook Pro redesigns and the MacTablet at WWDC instead of the iPhone.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I thought it was the faked moon landing and the fact that the earth is flat. These secrets require the involvement and coverup by 10,000's of people over many decades. :D

4. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

I was thinking the same thing this morning. It really seems like at least one would have "fallen off the truck" somewhere in the chain, even if they have only made it as far as their distribution warehouses or the docks in San Fran.

5. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

I agree, between the THOUSANDS of people who have access to this thing it just boggles my mind there isnt a single piece of concrete information about it.

6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

First, not as many people have access to the thing as you think. Second, we've probably heard concrete information, we just have no way to separate truth from falsity.

7. iphone529 macrumors regular

What do you mean, There are so many Rumors out there. One of them is true, which probably came from a real source, the others are just rumors.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'd say about fifty people at Apple have seen it and ten throughout the providers worldwide.

9. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I mean seriously.... can't someone who has it just take a pic and take one for the team!

10. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

there are a couple times I read an article where they refer to a reliable source within apple or close to apple.

11. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

Fingers crossed it is only 4 days until we know what was true and what was not. Then it is straight to the shop to buy one. :D

12. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

Part of the fun for those in the know is visiting rumor sites that they shouldn't be looking at and seeing the ludicrous ideas that people have...

If we knew all about the the iPhone do you think these forums would be so popular? or Apple would even get half the attention it receives?

13. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

you fail.

14. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

um yea, and those 60 people then fly to china to sit in the factories for months putting them together.............. :rolleyes:

15. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

They don't care about the leaks. They would rather have a job.

16. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Every chinese worker has a syringe of cyanide sitting next to them. If the person next to them tries to take a picture of the phone they stab them in the neck with the cyanide...

Its pretty much a requirement.

By the way, on the side of the syringe there is an :apple: logo.

17. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

This is unwavering truth.

18. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

There is no way to tell if the rumors are true until Steveo pulls one of them babies out at WWDC, one of the many rumors is probably true.

19. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

Best and Worst kept secret.

Worst:
    Everyone knows a 3G is comming out. Apple hasn't had the iPhone in stock online for over a month now. ATT is now "temporarily out of stock"

Best:
    Nobody really knows for sure what it has in it. Everyone is guessing at what it looks like. Some rumor photos, but nothing other than an outer shell.

In this day and age, this is as good of a secret as it gets.

20. Fibonacci thread starter macrumors newbie

So I have definitely considered that we have already seen some detail that is accurate and the rest of the noise just confuses the issue. However, I have not seen something that is irrefutable. In other words, if you had the ability to snap a photo, couldn't/wouldn't you include some piece of concrete evidence that what was being photographed was legitimate?

In that no one has been able to provide this detail, I am inclined to believe that we have not yet seen any viable photos. It is much like the alien sightings. With all the cameras and video capabilities running around, if aliens visit the planet regularly, don't you think someone would have captured footage that doesn't look like it came from the first moving picture camera?

Frankly, if Mr. Jobs anticipates selling 11 million iPhones this year, I wouldn't put it past him to enlist a small army to design and produce phone bodies/housings that are complete decoys. For the cost of the dies, the small production runs, some air travel, and a nice big leak, it's a fun way to throw us off the scent.

21. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

well just say i was one of those people (im not) but i said it has bla bla and bla, most people always reply and say that prolly wont happen bc bla bla and then ppl just think its a rumor but we will never know bc if they try and prove it they might reveal themselves and then of course, get fired or whatever.. they prolly have like contracts they sign to ensure the secrecy of the product.

22. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

23. surfer99 macrumors 6502

Only pictures could of made this article better I think.

24. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4