Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

'World's End Club' Debuts on Apple Arcade, Three More Games Coming Soon

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

This week's addition to Apple Arcade is World's End Club, described as a new type of action-adventure game that fuses a thrilling story with 2D side-scrolling action. The game is available on the iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.

World's End Club revolves around a group of "oddball kids" from Japan who get into an accident while on a bus for a class trip. When they wake up, they find they are trapped in an abandoned theme park under the sea. Suddenly, a mysterious clown appears and orders the kids to play a "Fate Game," forcing them to fight for their lives.

Watch the trailer below:

The game's scenario is written by Zero Escape series creator Kotaro Uchikoshi, with Danganronpa's Kazutaka Kodaka serving as creative director.

Apple Arcade has also started advertising three more titles that are coming soon to the iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV, including the sword-swinging fantasies Slash Quest! and Marble Knights as well as puzzle game A Monster's Expedition.

Apple Arcade is a subscription-based service that provides iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac users with access to over 100 premium games with no in-app purchases or ads for $4.99 per month. The games can be downloaded from the Arcade tab of the App Store.

Article Link: 'World's End Club' Debuts on Apple Arcade, Three More Games Coming Soon

JCCL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
WOW! Apple Arcade keeps getting better and better! Move over GamePass! Throw away your Switches kids! World End's Club on Apple Arcade is further refining the king!

LeeW

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Coincidence that a Japanese game drops on the day of this news story...?

Of course. I mean you think that a story on MR is going to prompt Apple to do this, behave yourself. The story is not new, MR is just reporting an update of something that has been on-going for a while now.

nicho

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2008
Of course. I mean you think that a story on MR is going to prompt Apple to do this, behave yourself. The story is not new, MR is just reporting an update of something that has been on-going for a while now.

You do realise that very little content on MR is original journalism right? They even source their story from a much more mainstream outlet.

Unlike Apple TV, Apple Arcade content isn't announced, it appears to be dropped at will. They've clearly got a bank of titles, it's not beyond imagination that this one was pushed up the list.

Antes

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2014
They play a “Fate” game?
Seems like a watered down copy of Square-Enix’s game The World Ends With You.
Even the title sounds similar.

• Disagree
Reactions: Theyayarealivin

Unregistered 4U

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2002
Unlike Apple TV, Apple Arcade content isn't announced, it appears to be dropped at will. They've clearly got a bank of titles, it's not beyond imagination that this one was pushed up the list.
In iOS 14, it IS announced. They now show the next 3 or 4 games to be released in a Coming Soon area at the top. That’s how they know the other games are coming. Marble Knights and Slash Quest looks interesting.

EvilEvil

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2007
New York City
I recently canceled my Apple Arcade sub. This does nothing to make me want to reactivate it.

The only game worth playing was Grindstone. I'm so glad it's coming to Nintendo Switch soon. Apple made the huge mistake of not allowing people to buy Apple Arcade games a la carte. Apple continues to be clueless about gaming.

Last edited:

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Well that's Steam's days numbered then.
Steam is doomed :p

Seriously, I find gaming on ios to be something needed as a distraction, where as my gaming on the computer is more of a hobby, something that I enjoy spending hours on. I can't see myself playing hours on the phone playing a game. I totally get my usage is not everyone's and this is just my personal play style

Unregistered 4U

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2002
The only game worth playing was Grindstone. I'm so glad it's coming to Nintendo Switch soon. Apple made the huge mistake of not allowing people to buy Apple Arcade games a la carte. Apple continues to be clueless about gaming.
I see it differently. When I saw Grindstone was being released for the Nintendo Switch, I saw a indie studio that was able to receive funding to focus on and release a game to broad acclaim (that might not have seen a release otherwise), tweak and improve it over the past year and then release it on the Switch. Where, now, if someone asks me “What’s a good game for the Switch?” I’ll tell them Grindstone, driving even more money to that indie developer.

If there was only ONE company that was able parlay a Apple Arcade release to a Switch release, I’d say good on them. But, I saw a few games just announced for the Switch that are following their Apple Arcade release and I’m happy for all of them. And, even better if the money they’re getting from Apple Arcade is enough to provide funding for other Non-Apple Arcade efforts (like Capybara Games’ Below, for Xbox, Steam, and PS4).

Reactions: whatgift
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.