'World's Ugliest Dog' has died

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
I saw that dog on the telly a few months back and I thought it's owner (a beauty therapist apparently) was so sweet about how she felt about her pet. I'm sure she's real sad about it passing on.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Bern said:
I saw that dog on the telly a few months back and I thought it's owner (a beauty therapist apparently) was so sweet about how she felt about her pet. I'm sure she's real sad about it passing on.
She is, take a look at her website http://www.samugliestdog.com/
There are many upset people on the blog.
I heaven't been tracking this all my life for the record; today was the first time I had ever been to the site - I swear!

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I had always thought that dog was fake...really I mean looking at the pictures of him he does not look real. :p

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
That's sad about Sam, but wow it was almost painful to look at.

Here's a good runner for the world's ugliest cat. Funny - him and Sam could be brothers...

Attachments

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I remember posting in Sam's thread when he first won the "Ugliest Dog" competition in the summer.

I'm not really surprised that he died. There was obviously something wrong with his health.

revisionA

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2005
AlBDamned said:
That's sad about Sam, but wow it was almost painful to look at.

Here's a good runner for the world's ugliest cat. Funny - him and Sam could be brothers...
Damn that cat is HUNG!

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Abstract said:
I remember posting in Sam's thread when he first won the "Ugliest Dog" competition in the summer.

I'm not really surprised that he died. There was obviously something wrong with his health.
He did have a few health problems towards the end, but I think overall he was pretty healthy. He lived nearly 15 years old, for dog, that ain't bad.

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
I made that picture my desktop for a couple of hours. I forgot I did that, and when I closed a couple windows that thing was staring at me. I actually flinched. :eek:

Kobushi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Right behind you.
I remember seeing that thing in the picture association thread. It was scary then. It's scary now. Cross that with a horse and that's how I picture the thestrals from Harry Potter (book 5) look.

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
EricNau said:
He did have a few health problems towards the end, but I think overall he was pretty healthy. He lived nearly 15 years old, for dog, that ain't bad.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I've had a few dogs and I don't think any of them lived that long.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
AlBDamned said:
Yea, that cats pretty ugly but look at this!
It looks just like Sam!

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
ok first of all, my heart goes out to that poor dog....I would have loved it no matter what too. Sometimes being that ugly makes it even cuter in a way! Oh well, I just think it is sad to hear it died. I saw a picture months ago in the news.

And here is a funny pic of "why the dog left home"...I received this in an email one time..TOO FUNNY!!! I had a cat actually named BIG KITTY, but this one is the biggest kitty ever!! ;)

Attachments

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
2nyRiggz said:
what the hell is that:eek: is that a rat?

Nuff.
The worlds ugliest cat!

Isn't it cute. I'd take that over the dog any day. And I hate cats, I'm a huge dog person.

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
Abstract said:
He must have finally looked at the mirror.
Must've been a poodle sitting next to him at the time, his final thought

"Sh*t i'm never gonna get a root" - World's ugliest dog

R.I.P little fella

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Chappers said:
Sam was my dektop picture at work until recently - sad to hear off his passing.
Was? Now, all the more reasons to keep a picture of Sam on your desktop for perpetuity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.