Worn Out Pads?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stanman64, May 3, 2016.

1. stanman64 macrumors 6502a

stanman64

So the other night, I was doing some work on my late-2013 13" rMBP in the den and when I went to rest my hands on it to begin typing, I heard a weird crackling-like noise. I thought maybe something was caught underneath it, between the bottom and the table, but nope. Upon further inspection, it seems that one of the black pads on the bottom has flattened out. It's almost like its 'depressed," like a button and moves a little. I got curious and pushed on the 3 others, and one of the other ones made a crackling noise and depressed in too! :eek:

Has anyone ever experienced this? Should I be worried about them falling out or anything? I am not too worried because I know this thing is getting a little old now, but just curious more than anything.

TL;DRL my 2013 rMBP is losing its feet.

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I replaced mine after I experienced the same thing, but mine is an early-2011 MBP. It was an easy replacement and probably replaced the same way. I took the bottom lid off and pushed out the old feet. There's a hole where the feet sit in, and I used a screw driver to push them out. Then I cleaned the area where the feet adhere to with alcohol and applied the feet. Pretty simple. The replacements only cost a couple bucks on eBay.