Worried about buying bands---

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ttexxan, Apr 25, 2015.

1. ttexxan macrumors regular

I would love to purchase a large collection bands, but leery thinking Apple is going to change up the watch in upcoming releases. Wouldn't mind owning the SS link, Leather, along with several sports band colors. I own the Milanese band now, but that SS link sets ya back around $450

2. aduteau macrumors 6502a

I too would like to buy more bands and the SS link bracelet ... But if I upgrade to the new model in a year or two ... Will they still fit the new watches if Apple change the design ? Is the bracet interface something Apple will keep the same ?

3. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

It think it's safe to say that the current design is here to stay for at least 2 or 3 Apple Watch generations. Can't see them changing it that soon. That said, I would not invest heavily on them. couple of sport ones for workout, couple of higher quality ones for other occasions.

4. segrobja macrumors regular

I dont see the actual band and the method for connecting the bands to the watch changing. It is incredibly simple and easy to do yourself with no additional tools required. I think Apple will keep this implemented for a few years.

5. Sphyrna macrumors regular

That was my concern with ordering the Milanese Loop. Did I want to be spending $100 more on the band when it might not work if I upgrade to :apple:Watch 2 or 3. But I figure they'll probably keep the design for a few generations. I also have a white sport strap on order. Not sure if I'll buy any others. I wouldn't mind a leather band, but may try a 3rd party band to see how it is. Or get an adapter like the Click and use any regular watch band.