Worried about MBP onboard spekers: intense use

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SamSchneeberger, May 10, 2008.

1. SamSchneeberger macrumors member

Hey Guys,

I just quikly wanted to know, is it bad using the onboard MBP speakers at full volume for about 1 and half hour? Yesterday we had a beach party and I had too many beers and didn't notice my MBP was still playing music at full volume. :rolleyes:

How much can these speakers handle? How about them wearing out/off?

I'm just wanted to know because its brand new and I am broke so repair would probably have to wait some time.

Sam,

2. Ant1-Hero macrumors regular

Ant1-Hero

I use mine everyday with the volume at full mine still sound great

3. swmr macrumors regular

swmr

I use mine all the time at full volume for movies and music. I am sure that it won't hurt them. Depending on who you ask, its actually good for the speakers? I have read about "burn in" sessions for headphones and some speakers where after about 50 hours are listening at 80-95 percent volume actually cause them to sound better.

I guess its a similar idea to the break in period for a new car engine or transmission, except its about loud volume, not low rpm and smooth shifting.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Computers used to be burned in too. Infact some companies still do it. Unfortunatly for electronics there is no way to tell if something will wear out or not because there are times when something new fails immediatly, or times where things never die (my computer downstairs thats from the prehistoric era)