Worried About When to Install Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by monaarts, Jul 17, 2011.

?

When will you install Lion on your Mac(s)?

1. As soon as it is available.

64 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. After I can read reviews to see if it is worth it.

8 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. After Apple issues an update to fix most of the most common bugs (e.g. 10.7.1)

13 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. When I am forced to, whether it be because of an Application I am using or hardware.

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. monaarts macrumors 65816

So I keep reading everything here and it seems like there are mixed opinions on how good Lion is going to be. So What I wanted to do is make a thread where people can vote on when or if they are going to install Lion to help myself, and others who haven't used Lion yet, make a better choice on when to purchase Lion. Please take the Poll and comment on why you made that choice. Thanks guys and gals!

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1189158

There are many posts on when people are going to get Lion or how they are going to install Lion.

Just by reading the first page on this forum you can get a feel for how people feel about Lion, its plus and minuses.

3. basher macrumors 6502

basher

I like change and I'm good with risk. Seriously, some of the changes like Mission Control and Finder really make Lion worth being an early adopter.

4. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

I understand this and that is why I figured a thread that has everyone's opinions cast in a graphical interface (a poll) would be much easier to understand. For every 1 thread saying something good about Lion there are 5 threads that say something bad about it and then within those threads are a bunch more mixed thoughts. So again, like I said, I think this might clear up the various thoughts.

5. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I understand your rational.

6. Draeconis macrumors 6502a

From using the GM build, several key apps I use I know won't work, but for general use Lion will be great. I'll slap it on my MacBook Pro, but I won't update my Mac Pro at least until issues with Ableton Live are resolved (probably by Ableton).

It's killing me a bit, because I've never reformatted my Mac Pro and I've had it nearly a year (very unusual for me not to be a bit format-crazy)!

7. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I hear ya... The only thing that scares me is adobe cs5, it seems some report that it doesn't work with lion right! :-(. I use atleast 4 of those programs every couple of days! :p

8. Draeconis macrumors 6502a

Then just stick Lion on a partition when it comes out, test it, if it doesn't work, wipe it off and expand your SL install back to normal and wait for Adobe to pull their finger out and do some work ;)

9. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Just clone your Snow Leopard now or on the day of release. Install Lion and see how you go. If it is no good, just restore Snow Leopard and wait a bit...