Worried Ive Chosen The Wrong Size....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by leeingham, May 16, 2015.

1. leeingham macrumors 6502

Ive tried both on and I don't LIKE the 38mm but feel the 42mm is too big and will leave a gap at the top and the bottom of the watch and really worried I'm gonna wait for a watch I then won't like..... I went for a SG Sport and have 155mm wrists I believe..... Anyone else in this boat?

2. cruzmisl macrumors regular

There is no right or wrong, I guess unless you have massive 250mm wrists and like the 38mm.

I have a slightly bigger wrist than you, 160mm, and I liked the 38 the best on me. That is my preference. I didn't want the "smart watch" look. The 38 SS on me is a "nice watch on my wrist" look.

Try them both on a few times. Go with your first impression. Enjoy.

3. se95dah macrumors member

I think you'll be fine. I have really tiny wrists for a 6 foot tall guy and was nervous that my wife's 38mm might be a better fit than my 42 (both sport with white bands) until they arrived. I think The 38 looks OK on me but my wife thinks it looks far too small. The 42 definitely suits me better.

One thing that surprised me - I tried on the stainless version in store this week and both the Milanese loop and the link bracelet in 42mm made the watch look much too big for me. The way the sport band bends around the wrist is much more forgiving and makes it look smaller. I gambled on ordering on launch day without trying it on. Glad I resisted the temptation to get the link bracelet as it doesn't suit me at all.

4. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

I think Ive, as an executive can mix and match the size all he likes. You however, I think should be fine anyway Besides, worst comes to worse you can always return it or sell it to Cex for more.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The 38mm would look too girly on Ive so I beg to differ.

6. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Unless I'm not understanding you correctly, but you don't seem to have told us what you bought. Was it the 42 I assume as you said you don't like the 38?

7. leeingham thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah 42mm which should arrive the following week

8. eifer macrumors regular

38mm will be perfect for 155mm wrists. Mine are a little bigger than that and my 38mm could not be any better. Definitely glad I didn't get the 42. I'm male if that helps at all.

9. Subdiv macrumors 6502

:d
    :)

Attached Files:

• ive.png
      ive.png
      File size:
      222.3 KB
      Views: