Worry about yourself? Your pick is perfect for you.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sixxmum, Sep 13, 2014.

1. sixxmum, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

The need to tell others that they made a bad choice or won't be happy with their choice seems a little middle school, doesn't it?

Both 6 and 6+ have improvements over the 5/5S:
    Camera
    Screen size
    Processor speed
    Battery
    Display
    etc.

There are advantages that are important for some folks to the 6 over the 6+:
    Lower price point
    Better holding ease for people with small hands
    Pocket fit
    One handed use ease

There are advantages that are important for some folks to the 6+ over the 6:
    Even bigger screen
    Display specs
    Battery
    OIS

Why not pick the one that has the most advantages for you and then stop worrying about what anyone else does?

I picked the 6. Yep, I would have loved to have the battery life and OIS. But, that was outweighed by the fact that I didn't want a phone that big - for me and my own individual life. If I were a larger person, or did more media viewing on my phone, maybe the other choice would have been better.

This little girl has it right:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj55J78hAvw

2. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Because people have to justify their purchase.

The people who bought the giant have to justify it.

The people who bought the midget have to justify it.

Apple Fanboys aren't used to choice. To us, there is no such thing as two awesome phones.

3. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Stoked to have a 6+ on the way, but wouldn't be disappointed with either. Two great phones.

Can't wait to get back to :apple: after having a Samsung for 2 years!

4. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Oh, I hear you. It's part of what I study in my non-tech-dork life. Rationalization is what decision making is all about. But, mostly, people don't do it out loud while tearing down anyone that didn't make the same choice. :rolleyes:

5. 2IS macrumors 68030

I really wanted the size of the 6 screen but I really wanted the features of the 6+ and liked the features more than I disliked the size, so that's what I went with. Also, there's a much greater possibility I'll get used to and even like the larger phone then there is of me liking the fact that I have less run time and fewer features. That was my thought processes when I placed my pre-order for a 6+

In a nutshell, just as you said, I picked the phone that suits ME better and it's pretty retarded seeing some of the comments in this forum. Then there's the oddball 5S owner who feels the need to chime in every iPhone 6 thread trying to convince himself he already has an equivalent phone without having to buy a new one.