Worst 3 weeks ever!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by halfprep455, May 6, 2007.

1. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

Ive been in the frickin hospital for three weeks. I got into a car accident with a drunk driver and ended up breaking my right arm, 3 ribs, bad head injury, and a busted collar bone. The three weeks in the hospital sucked. I was unconscious for about a week. So I'm finally able to get online again. So I'm expected to get recover, to a certain extent, in about 6 weeks.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Wow that sucks I hope that you are able to recover fine.

3. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

A friend of mine was in the hospital for over a month after he was struck by a fleeing SUV and even had to have his right leg amputated. They would not allow him to have is laptop because they wanted him to remain still. He was not able to use the hospital computers until a week before he went home. He told me the biggest thing was all the people he had email addresses for but no phone number. He had no way of contacting people to tell them he was OK.

Glad you are doing well and that you got you internets(sanity). good luck on your recovery.

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Best of luck in your recovery. You didn't miss much on the Mac front.

6. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

Well it's good your still able to hop back online and post on MacRumors.. Hope you have a speedy recovery and feel better mate, atleast your still alive to complain about it haha. Have a good one!

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

that really sucks. i was in the hospital for two months, in a coma for one, following a tonsillectomy that went awry. anyway, to the op, i hope you're feeling better.

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

A tonsillectomy caused you to go into a coma?

9. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Bad reaction to anesthetic or opportunistic infection can do that people. Any major medical procedure can kill you. Exceptionally small chance though. More likely to die en route to the hospital in a car accident.

10. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

exactly right. complications led to pneumonia, treated by crazy strong antibiotics, which led to kidney failure, treated by dialysis, which led to a blood clot, etc. they induced the coma and kept me in it for a month.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ruddy hell, and here's me with nothing more than bashing my head open 3 times :D
    Be happy them 3 weeks are over. I'd imagine it being like a honeymoon period with life.

12. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

That is a horrible three weeks. Good luck recovering fully! :)