Worst Apple customer care experience ever!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Applefanboy8153, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Applefanboy8153 macrumors regular

This experience with getting my MacBook Pro diagnosed for problems has been really horrible....they took 7 days to come to come to the conclusion that nothing was wrong with it and the AppleCare technicians just wasted my time and sent me on a wild goose chase. Hope Apple is listening!! I called Apple before I sent in my Mac and they said that 58C is way too hot for a mac and they asked me to immediately stop using it and send it in for repair and I completely freaked out as it is my first laptop and I don't know how warm they should get so I stop doing very important school work and I give my laptop to the AASP, they take 7 days..7 days to tell me that there is no problem. Can you believe this and I had to do all my school work on my mother's dell and I couldn't get a really neat presentation with PPT as the animations in keynote are way better. (BTW mom's using PPT 2003 I knw it is totally outdated, lol)

2. inlinevolvo macrumors 6502

Stop over reacting. How does this qualify for worst service?

3. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

56 Celsius is not high, whomever at Apple told you this is misinformed.

Maximum CPU is 105 Celsius.

It also depends the climate, it will be hooter in Hot climates or if you place it on a surface which doesn't transfer the heat well, for instance on a wooden table, a bed, your lap.

4. pcmxa macrumors regular

pcmxa

Ummmm. If the problem you are worrying about is animations, you're not be paying enough attention to content. No on cares about the slickness of the presentation if the ideas are sound.

Secondly it is your laptop. You didn't have to do what the advisor said. How long does it take to google "normal Mac Pro operating temp?"

Finally, why not complain directly to apple rather than paste it on a board owned by people with no direct relationship?

5. Applefanboy8153 thread starter macrumors regular

I did but all that the technician said was that it was out of his hands so I turned to the forums here to vent. I think apple needs better customer relations.

6. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Honestly i saw the exact same post before (the mom powerpoint joke included) :confused: dont know wtf to think if i had a dream anout it looong ago or what.

Im not joking mate.

7. maxosx macrumors 68020

Actually Apple has excellent customer relations, but they're not perfect. I'm sorry to hear of the poor experience you had.

What I've noticed in recent times at the store level & over the phone, is a distinct lack of knowledge which I attribute to insufficient training. The worst part is they tend to make up stories if they don't know what they're doing.

It's part of an overall decline at Apple. One that I'd sure like to see them fix.

8. MacKid macrumors 6502

1) 58˚C is absolutely within normal operating temps, and is actually quite low. Computers operating under heavy load can reach 82˚ or more.

2) I'm sorry that Apple decided to take your computer in and, in doing so, wasted your time. They should have told you that it was operating at normal temperatures.

9. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

Can you explain why you wanted to get it diagnosed in the first place?

10. PinoyAko macrumors 6502

That PowerPoint punchline. I think I heard it somewhere. Probably from the Big Bang Theory.

11. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Why are you apologizing for Apple? You didn't do anything wrong and you don't represent them. Or do you? :confused:

12. trigonometry macrumors 6502

trigonometry

You're not crazy. OP posted a similar thread where he was informed there was nothing wrong with his computer but here we are. Again.

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You call that the worse customer care experience ever?

I used to have a Thinkpad where Lenovo tried to fix it a total of nine times over a course of a year and never fixed it.

They kept replacing the wrong parts than my configuration, and eventually my computer stopped working all together and they still insisted in fixing it; if that was Apple, they would have replaced it after the third or fourth repair!

That's bad service, and not even the worse!

14. saberahul macrumors 68040

I think the title should be modified to "Worst MacRumors Thread Ever!"

15. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

I don't know about that, there is a butt tonne of crap like this in here every week.

16. locoboi187 macrumors 6502a

No, Apple is not listening to you.

17. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

That depends, what with ours increasingly becoming a "service-oriented economy", while more service jobs are starting to be automated as well... especially "consumerization of IT", where users are going to be expected to do support work themselves (at which point, I am stifling since I've worked in this industry for two decades...)

The maximum is 105C. But anybody claiming it can be ran at any temperature approaching that for any length of time would be doling out misinformation as well. I try to keep my systems 65C or lower, even if I have to ramp up the fan to 5500RPM.

Ambient temperature is definitely a problem; most server farms are air conditioned to keep the ambient temp at 73F (~24C, give or take a degree...) And running temp meters on all my PCs, ambient temp is definitely a key factor - as are internal cooling mechanisms... it does take an e-village to keep the system cool. Especially as newer processors are made with thinner connection lines (22nm, et al), electromigration and other issues will only worsen as temperatures increase...

18. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

They're not.

19. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

So.. you have the capability to come onto a forum, make an account and rant away. Yet you lack the common sense to google what normal operating temperatures are for a device you own.

There is no helping you :rolleyes:

20. Hetalia macrumors member

Hetalia