WORST Apple products of the last decade / 9 years....

return2sendai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
It's that time of year again! We've heard about the best. Now, the worst.

I nominate: OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Reason: 6 months with no Internet on my main machine. Never fixed by Apple or any online suggestion. Repeated on clean installs. Finally gave up and downgraded.

ruslan120

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
The 2016-2017 MacBook Pros.

Flawed design, not a significant performance boost, display cable issues, butterfly keyboard issues, introduced the Touchbar.

If I could I would give the Touchbar its own category.

H. Flower

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
- Siri : Speaks for itself.

- HomePod : Nice sound, but as a function, well below Apple standards

- Latter day laptops : because of defunct keyboards and lack of ports, apples laptops were some of the absolute worst on market. And gimmicky touchbar didn’t ameliorate situation

Reactions: Breezygirl

faust

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
AppleWatch for sure. The number of customer service calls I took from overly entitled Apple nerds demanding free service on their non-AppleCare+ Apple Watches when they admitted to smashing it against something by being a klutz was too much for me. Another thing I'd say is Apple Store/iTunes Gift Cards, because Apple never had the thought to add some sort of warning to the packaging that said something along the lines of, "hey if someone is telling you buy a large value in these and you don't know them, don't do it" because that would have probably helped me quite a lot in not becoming so thoroughly depressed after taking so many calls from elderly people who got scammed and were calling in hope we could help get their money back. Listening to a senior citizen cry is heartbreaking in such a profound way.

cardfan

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2012
The iPhone 6 Plus. What’s slower than a 5S? Able to lag over buildings in a single bound? Held back by a slow processor and anemic ram? Faced with Apple screwing with retina resolutions and going nonnative constantly being downsampled? Though this didn’t matter to many who were desperate for a larger iPhone. Apple didn’t really fix this later on the software side but simply made its hardware faster in 6s+ and beyond to be tolerable.

In the services arena that goes to news+. Followed closely by atv+. These days it’s hard to tell who’s winning and what’s getting lost in the race to be a Storefront ui.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Sadly, there's a large list of candidates but coming from a company that prides itself of superior design and quality.

The 2015 - 2019 butterfly keyboard.
Almost instantly reviled, and problems quickly cropped up - first the MacBook than the MacBook Pro. One of the worst designs that ever came out of Apple. This design single handly caused many apple fans (including myself) to abandon the Mac platform.
1578312096201.png

Honorable mention:
The magic mouse design which prohibits it from being used comes down to probably the worst product of the decade.

1578311757610.png