Worst case iPhone scenario...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by empush, Dec 9, 2009.

1. empush macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've been reading tens of different msgs in this forum before that post - just couldn't find a solution to my situation, which is:

I forgot my old pw (I used to change it occasionally) and I've managed to Disable my iPhone, and yes, to the worse situation - a permanent block!

My computer which used to backup my iPhone is in Israel and I'm in London for the next few months!

So now my phone is disabled, all my precious contacts, txts, calender appoinments etc...are stuck there and the last thing I want to do is a simple restore and lose it all - as much as I'd like to use it ASAP.

Any ideas guys? I don't have none...

Thank you so much,
    Chen.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You don't have a backup of your iPhone? Go into your iTunes prefs>Devices and you should have a backup file there. If you don't have a backup then I think you might be SOL. Well.... wait, why don't you have your contacts and stuff saved on your computer?

3. empush thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a backup of it, I always backup my things...but as I wrote it's on my computer in Israel (I gave it as a present to my sister).

So maybe (just maybe) in a few months time when I'll go and visit my family I could get a hold of it...but till then? :\

Thanks mate...

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There's nothing you can do, so you might as well restore it, so you can use it now. Then when you go back to Israel restore it from the backup.

5. thunderboltspro macrumors regular

Can you get your sister to send the laptop to you or maybe just the hd?

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Ah, sorry I missed that. Well, can you get here to email you the backup file? You can find the backup file in /Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The problem is that the backup doesn't have contacts or things you would normally sync.

8. DazBrowne macrumors member

9. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I think the OP should just restore the phone and that will have to do for now, I mean there's no good to come from a locked phone.

Unless you can get your Address Book sent to you (which I imagine should be possible).