Worst controller of E3. TONY HAWKS SKATEBOARDING THING!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Jun 5, 2009.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Ok here's the thing, and it's a BIG thing ;)

What made Tony Hawks games so successful is that they allowed people with NO DESIRE or MORE SENSE to play at skateboarding, as opposed to going out and buying an actual skateboard.

The vast majority of Tony Hawks users do not want to stand on an actual skateboard. Ok blanket statement, but I'll stick to it as I'm assuming all those above the age of 20 for whom standing on a piece of plywood with four wheels does nothing but make them look like fools at best and utter cun*s at worst.

So here's the thing.

If I don't want to actually learn how to reach down grab my skateboard and flip it in the air, why the hell would I want a controller that makes me do it to play the game.... That's not playing a game, that's fecking skateboarding without the wheels ? In fact its' worse because not only do you want me to reach down and feck around with this thing, you want me to look at a TV set whilst doing it, and avoid falling over and breaking my ankle and the coffee table in one fell swoop.

It's just a total oxymoron of a device / gimmick and one that I think the developers have wasted huge amounts of time and money on.

Sorry but for me.... Worst controller of the show. Period.

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

whachu talkin' 'bout?!

No I agree. And the fact that Natal looks as though it could do something similar (not as complex mind you) without the stupid board kind of nulls it.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The motion sensing thing is getting annoying now....please leave the motion sensing to Nintendo because they know what their doing.

I can see myself moving to that new gimmick "OnLive" the next generation if this keeps up.

Best Controller at show: DJ hero's DJ controller :)

Bless

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea, what the Tony Hawk devs don't realise is it's not the controller letting the games down... It's the gameplay. Skate was better because it wasn't all "IN YOUR FACE!" like Tony Hawks games are, that started to resemble more of Jackass than a proper skateboard game.
    I admit though... After seeing skaters sound off on the game my interest was raised. Before I thought it was laughable and I guess it still is, but I'd like to give it a try still.

How very dare you! I used to skateboard :p, oh wait I see what you mean :D

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

YES! Also... checked out the Scratch controller. It basically looks like guitar hero but you spin a disk instead of strum. DJ Hero looks sick!