Worst damage to an iPhone yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by guitarliketom, Aug 31, 2008.

1. guitarliketom macrumors member

I see all the light leak threads and some cracked screen one.. But I want to know if anyone can beat this:

Almost only 5 week having his 16 gig 3g my friend left his on the roof of a car. It flew off on the highway and got smashed and then run over by a car. Anyone have any terrible stories?

2. cobaltchroma macrumors regular

cobaltchroma

3. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Jeez ive made the mistake of leaving my drink on the roof and driving off, but an iPhone 3G :eek:

He doesn't deserve to have one :D

4. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Do you have pics? I want to see the carnage. :D

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I did the device-on-the-car-roof thing once with a Sony Clie NZ90 (basically a PDA in 2002 that wanted badly to be an iPhone), actually just after I had bought a new car.

It was my first new car, and I was so giddy that I had forgotten the PDA on the roof of the car will talking with the dealer guy just as I was about to drive off the lot. I thanked him, hopped in with my friends, and we drove off.

I thought the dealership guy was waving at us. Until I got to speed on the street and heard a scrrrrrrrrick! along the roof, and saw my Clie fly off in the rearview mirror and strike the road behind us. $700 PDA, smashed. And it left a light scratch on the paint.

Instead of our celebratory dinner, I spent about 15 minutes on the side of the road shouting expletives while my friends stayed in the car, with the most awkward looks on their faces.

Kinda dampened the whole first-new-car experience, really. But after a while, the car was affectionately nicknamed by those same friends the "Clie killer."

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

7. guitarliketom thread starter macrumors member

unfortunately no. i really wanted them too haha. he saw the other car hit it, and when he went ridng up and down the highway on a bicycle later that day to look for it he couldnt find anything large enough worth salvaging

8. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I had my iPhone wrapped in my shirt on my lap while I was driving and then got out of my car and forgot it was there. When I got out, it tumbled into the driveway and there's a few knicks on the back and a more noticeable one on the top of the phone.