worst day ever

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MADADAM, Mar 24, 2008.

1. MADADAM macrumors newbie

dropped my macbook pro today
    the hinge part got messed up and now the computer wont close all the way and the screen casing was pushed closer to the display and now puting presure on it causing it to do the finger on the screen effect
    (first generation macbook pro)
    now what i do

and while im typing this the macbook air comercial started playing on my television

*can genius bar help me out

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

3. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

do you have apple care?

4. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Its a sign from above to buy MBA haha....

get an external harddisk quickly and back up all your important files coz AppleGenius/AppleCare wont do for you when they take machine in....

Go to nearest applestore, tell them you damaged ur MBP, they will tell you how much to pay to repair damage or that is irrepairable = you have to buy a new one... In that case follow the sign from above and buy a MBA/

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Not any more...

6. MADADAM thread starter macrumors newbie

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Applecare wouldn't cover it anyway since it's physical damage. At any rate sorry to hear about your dismay however this may not be the worst day ever for you it actually may be the best. You can sell it on Ebay and get a new MBP or Air. You can get it fixed but the cost may be high so I think your misfortunate experience may turn out to be a fortunate one because you may still get a decent price for it on Ebay.

8. Sogo macrumors 6502

Sadness on what happened to you, I too would be very sad. You know, actually just last friday, I dropped my powerbook off the table. My food got tangled over the power cord and I started to walk away when I felt the cord. I lunged my food backwards in an attempt to somewhat soften the blow. In the end I only ended up with a banged up corner and a somewhat "loose" LCD hinge. I managed to fix the corner by hammering it out, so it doesn't look as banged up. But the metal face is not completely flush with the hardware.

Ironically the reason I got up was to go outside and call my father to try and convince him to buy me a new laptop. I was only able to get him to agree to a refurbished one, which is completely fine since I know we are somewhat tight on money.

9. thegilly macrumors member

I feel your pain. My iBook (32 months old, according to Coconut Battery) has been dropped multiple times, and as a result the casing is sufficiently warped that it's been at least a year since I was able to make it stay closed. But I was so grateful I still had a working laptop after that! (I'm disabled, so I expect to drop things occasionally--most often it's me falling over and managing to protect myself but not whatever I'm carrying from damage. The irony is that the two times my iBook has had a particularly bad fall, it's been my perfectly healthy and able-bodied mother who was responsible) And, as it turns out, a lid that latches properly isn't actually on my list of essential laptop features. Still wish my iBook was perfect, of course, but that's life.

Good luck with getting your machine repaired or sold and replaced--sounds like this is damage you can't live with.

10. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Buy a 2.5ghz Macbook Pro, you'll feel much better :D