Worst thing happened... (stolen iphone)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brave5213, Sep 9, 2010.

1. brave5213 macrumors regular

during my visit to italy somebody stole my iphone 4. do i have any chance to order a new iphone at least not with a full price? maybe below $500??

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

It's possible. Check your AT&T eligibility if you are in the U.S. by dialing *639# on your phone.

I bought my iPhone 4 on launch and can get a new 32GB iPhone 4 for $499 already with a new contract.

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

If that's the worst thing that happens to you, consider yourself blessed.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If his phone was stolen what are the odds that he has another backup phone?

Worst thing to happen? A replaceable device? Unless you cannot remote wipe your data and did not have a passcode I equate this to a bad day but not the "worst" thing ever.

5. xraytech macrumors 68020

Worst thing?

You could be dead?

6. CPTHREE macrumors newbie

mine got stolen 9 days after I got it, hurt real bad. I was a new AT&T customer and paid $199 when I got it. If you have a police report call up your credit card company and see if they will cover theft. Mine covered it and repaid me the $199 I paid for my phone, and I was eligible for the early upgrade price of $399 after 30 days of having the service. So all in all it only cost me another $200 bucks, could have been worse.