Worst wait

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by charpi, Jul 12, 2011.

1. charpi macrumors regular

Sorry if this does not belong here, but here's a different topic rather than the usual "when is the MBA being refreshed" or "SB sucks".

What is your worst wait for an Apple product refresh?

Mine was *IIRC* the core duo Macbooks to core 2 duo refresh.

I remember the "Waiting for Core 2 Duo Macbook" Thread having over 100 pages.

I remember that thread was already bustling with rumors and hype 1 month before the "rumored" refresh date.

I remember in that thread, there was a "rumored" date and an overnighter for Apple Stores, and people in that thread actually snuck down to the stores for some covert ops, taking photos of the store during the overnighter.

It was the thread I realized how crazy some of us are (including me) during the refreshes.

I remember every time the Apple store when down, the thread jumped 10 pages.

What are your experiences :)

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

worst

my worst wait is probably the iPhone 4, i usually get 1-2 new phones a year now i have rocked the same phones (IP4 and blackberry 9650) for the last year. There has been nothing better on both fronts released yet

3. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

Waiting for Arrandale MBPs... I quit on the waiting game about 2 months before the Arrandales came out. I won't let that happen with the MBA :)

4. charpi thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, and that too.

Didn't someone then make an account Arran Dale, then posted in the "Waiting for...." thread LOL

Good times.

5. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850

6. Duke15 macrumors 6502

Duke15

This is my first time waiting for a mac as ive never owned one before, so it would be this the MBA lol, been waiting since about the week before the MBP launch when I saw this forum

7. Sinnthetic macrumors member

This is my first wait because it's my first Mac.

AND ITS KILLING ME.

I've been waiting since May :[

8. ThomasBoss macrumors regular

Saving up enough money to buy my MacBook Pro lol

9. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

This one is kind of killing me, actually. I've been using nothing but my iPhone for the last couple of days and at first it was cool, but now it is unbearable.

I feel like a drug addict going through withdrawal, but I NEED a computer already! :/

10. MTD's Mac macrumors regular

MTD's Mac

I remember that wait well. I held out... only to see the refreshed 13" MBP keep the old C2D. Still a great computer!

11. MTD's Mac macrumors regular

MTD's Mac

iPhone 4 was pretty bad too, in part because there was one lost in the wild, sitting there in online pics for us to drool over, but we couldn't buy one yet.

12. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Don't fight it - feel it.

13. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

Haha, yes I remember that. Made me chuckle... I just needed a laptop too badly at that point I had to dive in on a C2D model... this time, my wife doesn't need a new laptop nearly as bad so has allowed me to relax and wait for the Sandy Bridge update :D

14. bwphoto macrumors member

I think this is the worst one for me. I have been using Apple since OSX came out (I hated OS 9 in the labs at school). I bought my current MBP because it suited my needs at the time, not because it was fresh off the boat.

The constant refreshing of the UPS page was pretty bad when my 3gs was on its way over too. "Alaska?! WTF is it doing in Alaska?! Hurry UP already!" hah good times.

Oh, and then I try to step back and get a little perspective. What is lacking in my life that all this has become such a big deal? (Sorry, but it's true. Some of us, myself included, need to get a grip. :D )

15. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

This is definitely a tread that the "First World problems" pic needs to be attached :D:apple:

16. Kyllle macrumors 6502

Verizon iPhone. I had been waiting since October; 4 months. Checking rumor sites literally every day for any tiniest updates.

17. Kyllle macrumors 6502

hahaha look up the video "white people problems"

very funny

18. deadlystriker macrumors regular

deadlystriker

White iPhone 4 (if that counts, since it's not exactly a refresh)

sandy bridge MBPs, I waited since june 2010.

19. jackyyeow macrumors 6502

I was about to burst when the guy inside the toilet still taking his own sweet time.:(

...Sorry for being off topic.:D

20. Young Spade macrumors 68020

This would be my first official wait so I guess the MBA. I jumped ship this April and bought a used MacBook from ebay; after selling that I'm using my mom's Toshiba until the new machines and my payment go through.

21. wavetool macrumors newbie

Worse-er wait.

I've been waiting on the Organ Donor List for a new liver for a bit now. The wait is KILLING me....

22. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

like many others, iPhone 4 (if we're talking about Apple gadgets)

23. da3dl3us macrumors member

Yes. This wait sucks. It's killing my productivity because I'm checking this site all the time! :p

24. anthorumor macrumors 6502a

Arrandale MBPs (especially since I sold my 2008 unibody MBP in anticipation for this in Jan '10 and it came out in April '10!) When they did come out, I went all out, got the highest end 15" with anti-glare HD screen!

The MacMini and MacBooks are long overdue, but I'm personally not waiting for these.

PS why is this topic in the MBA thread? Surely the wait isnt THAT long just for this Mac?