Worth $600?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RubberShoes, Jun 23, 2010.

1. RubberShoes macrumors regular

I wrote an elaborate detailed summary of my cell phone plan I share with my family. However, instead of sharing such minuscule details, I might as well just lay my part out.

With T-mobile USA, I only pay $20 for unlimited messaging on all 3 of our iPhones, and I only pay $6 for unlimited data (mind you, on pokey EDGE).

Doing the math, I alone save $348 every year I stay away from AT&T.

Service wise, T-Mobile has much better coverage and service where I go to school (Long Island, NY) compared to friends on AT&T, and here where I live in Chicago, I get comparable, if not slightly worse service than AT&T.
    ...and NYC, well that's not much of a question.

Anyway, my question is, my original iPhone is showing its signs. Between its sluggishness, its ****** everything, and a decreased battery with a broken sleep/wake button (double tap home button mod to do the trick), all signs in my book point to that shiny word,

Upgrade!

I really love the new iPhone, it has just about everything I've wanted in an iPhone, and finally has similar, if not better build quality than the original (I could never stand the cheap plastic on the 3G/3GS). I could go on and on why I want it, but if you're reading this forum, I'd just be preaching to the choir.

So, point being, do you think it's worth $600 for a new phone? I'm in college, I dont have too much money, but I could figure some things out.

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Well you have to look at it this way: the phone is worth $600 — and even if you actually had a two year contract with it, you'd still be paying that $600, it would just be over a longer period of time.

Obviously, being a college student, if you don't have the money right now, maybe you should wait 'til you can save up for it. It's definitely a nice phone. It's worth the $600 — you just have to figure out if it's worth paying $600 all at once, or over two years with AT&T.