Worth buying a current RMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TechGod, Apr 9, 2014.

1. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Hi guys, I dropped my 2011 MBP 13 inch with 8GB of RAM about two years back and ever since it's been having problems. The hard drive has been replaced twice and I thought my troubles were finally over because it didn't fail at all after the second HDD repair in September 2011 but the problems have started again. A new problem is RAM sometimes getting unseated and the hard drive makes a really odd sound.

Now depending on the repairs quote I may purchase a new laptop instead and was wondering if it was worth getting the 2013 RMBP.:confused:

2. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

3. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

What are you using the machine for? That will really determine whether an rMBP, cMBP, or possibly an Air would work best for you.

4. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

I know what I do requires a pro. 9-10 tabs open in Safari 3 in Chrome Pages running, Aperture. That's all at once, besides I do gaming so again if the repair cost is high enough I will be considering only a MBP,

5. No-Me macrumors 6502a

Sure the current line of rMBP's is out for about 6-7 months, it will probably take another 5-6 months before new ones will be around. I'm working on a 2012 15" that was more expensive than the current ones and that is still worth what I paid for it so YEAH, the current rMBP is absolutely worth buying if you need a new laptop. :)

6. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

Ok thanks:)

7. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

Definitely recommend them. I came from an 08 MacBook unibody that I upgraded to max, I thought it was fast. Then I picked up a new retina 13" and was blown away not just by the speed but the screen to, for photography, I don't think I can go back to a 1080 screen.

I'm using it for aperture as well, the only problem is SSD size. I opted into 16gb ram over larger SSD. If I stored my library on my computer, I'd need another computer XP.

8. SCOLANATOR macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

Just get it. I can't recommend it enough. It's incredible, I do quite a bit of gaming on mine too and it's great for it. I happily game for 6 hour sessions on everything from BF4 to CoH 2 to WoT to Civ 5. Even completed Metro Last Light on high settings (it was just tolerable at 30-35fps).

No ones sure of when the next big update will be due to the delay with Intel's Broadwell chips. But it won't be at WWDC, it will be Q4 '14 at the earliest. Just buy it, you won't be disappointed - the best piece of technology I've ever owned. 6 months on and I still get excited when I use it :p.

9. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

Yeah if the repair cost is too high then I will buy a new one.

10. SCOLANATOR macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

Yeh. I got 15% off mine plus warranty extended to 3 years thanks to a student discount here in the UK so made it so much less painful to buy :).