Worth buying a MBP 13" 2010? (MB 2010 will be better?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iPlatypus, Apr 15, 2010.

1. iPlatypus macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've been lurking MacRumors ever since 'the wait for Arrandale' began and finally decided to sign up now so I could post this thread. I've been a Windows user for a long time now and I have a Win7 rig at home.

However, I'll be going to uni later this year so I need a good portable notebook that's suitable for the common mailing 'n surfing, but also for doing some programming in Eclipse (Java) and PHP work etc. I still have my Win7 box at home for gaming and things that require larger screensize, but for the notebook... I feel really attracted to OSX with a MBP. :rolleyes:

It will be my first Mac, but my desktop dualboots with OSX and I love it. So that's why I have decided that my school notebook will be a Mac. This is why I have been closely watching the rumors for the new MBPs and ofcourse I was pretty disappointed when I saw that the 13" model still had a C2D cpu...

It's not that I need a beefed up CPU in my notebook (... I have a 3.6 GHz quad at home :p), but it feels 'wrong' to buy a MBP 13": even the 2009 MacBook has a C2D, so what will the MB 2010 update bring? Is it really worth the extra money? Anyone with a similar situation?

Looking forward to your answers, thanks guys! :D

2. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

If you mean the white macbook it wont be any better then the 13" MBP updated on Tuesday.

3. dendritic cells macrumors member

Agree, apart from the larger HDD like what they did last year.

If you don't need Firewire, blacklit keyboard, and the shiny aluminium case, you can save up to $400 by buying the current Macbook compared to the base 13" MBP. (microcenter sells MB for $800)

Correct me if I'm wrong, some people also said that the MBP screen is better, especially if you like the glossy glass. :cool:

I'm guessing the future MB (WWDC in June? ;)) will get speed bump and extended battery life similar to the low-end 2010 13" MBP.

Ah almost forgot the SD card slot