Worth buying an XB360?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Cnasty, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I never owned a 360 and really enjoying my XB1. I've been a SONY guy from the PS2 days.

I have the opportunity to get an arcade 360 for $100. Is it worth to go back and play all the 360 exclusives I have missed over the years or is it really not that worth it and I didn't miss much?

Thanks for any feedback

2. Redskinsfan10 macrumors member

I'd probably just stick with Xbox one. Halo master chief collection came out today. Also there are rumors that a gears of war collection will be coming for the Xbox one as well. ( in case you're into those type of games)

if you want to get one go ahead but try to find the Slim Version. As the arcade has no Memory at all and is prone to having the ring of death.

Happy Gaming!

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

No keep your money in your pocket as there will be soooooo many great Xbox one games to come that you will never get time to play them all and have time to invest in a 360 to make purchase worthwhile.

4. b3av3r macrumors regular

b3av3r

If you get a 360 with a hard drive or add a hard drive then you also gain the ability to play most of the original xbox games as well. If you have a PS3 then you aren't really missing out on a whole lot of exclusive games, and I wouldn't purchase one just to play xbox exclusive games.

On a side note, I wouldn't purchase any system just to be able to play a handful of exclusive titles.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd say so. I preferred the 360 for Arcade games rather than big AAA titles, and you've also got BC with a selection of old Xbox games.

6. Cnasty thread starter macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Great feedback everyone.

It is only $100 and thought it would be a good little addition to my playroom and have heard there were some great 360 titles I never played through.

It's the arcade version but unsure if it's the slim as its 2 years old.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

That's the catch there ;)

Arcade version has minimal storage, meaning you'll likely need to invest in the expensive Xbox 360 hdd ...

8. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

If you can get one with a hard drive over 100gb's then go for it. Playing original Xbox games as well as the Arcade on the 360 is where it's at now that the One is out.

The Xbox 360 was an absolutely amazing console. I still have one and do NOT plan on giving it up since there are so many games on there. Plus as an Xbox Live member they are putting up two free games per month to download and there is some good quality there too.

Outside of a few of my Nintendos the Xbox 360 is my favorite console....and I've had most of them since the Atari 2600, other than a PS4 and a Saturn.