Worth fixing MBP Early 2011?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Noimus, May 12, 2014.

1. Noimus macrumors newbie

Hey guys so recently I had a pipe burst in my house and my MBP Early 2011 got water damage. Took it to apple and they said they were gonna charge me $755 + tax to get it fixed. I am contacting local computer shops near my house and I'm trying to get a better quote. Some company said they can order me a new logic board and replace the one I currently have and get my computer working again for a fraction of what apple charges me. Do you think it's worth it? If I were to replace my logic board on my water damaged Macbook Pro do you think later on it'll cause more problems or would I be safe since the logic board is replaced?

2. Saint.Icon macrumors regular

Time for a retina MBP. Shop the refurb store - you can get them for just a hair more than that repair will cost.

Alternatively, are you insured? That would likely cover the cost of a replacement computer.

3. Trvlngnrs macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

Can you file it with your homeowners insurance?

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If budget allows, I would get a new MBP. If money is tight, keep trying to find a reputable repair facility that will give you a price that you can afford.