iPhone 6(S)(+) worth getting a refurbished iPhone 6S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bj097, Oct 2, 2018.

1. bj097 macrumors regular

On Amazon, looks like I can get an Apple certified refurbished iPhone 6S 64GB at approx. USD 293

While here in my country the new iPhone 8 64GB sold at approx. USD 612 after a local special sales.

In both cases they are fully unlocked.

What do you think?

I have confidence for Amazon and "Apple certified", however, I am thinking if iPhone 6S could run the newest iOS smoothly or not.

What do you think?

Yes, the question is all about money and if it's worth. I personally don't want to spend 600 for a mobile phone. However, if spending USD 293 will get something
    really bad or not worthing, in that case, I will still spend 600 for a new iPhone 8

What do you think?

2. navigates macrumors 6502a

6s is a great phone. I got the max but I must tell you ios9 and 6s plus was "ROCK" solid. I'm glad I didn't update the OS and the phone still performs great. I may just get back to my 6s plus

3. StellarVixen, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018

StellarVixen macrumors 68000

StellarVixen

It's still a great phone, because of iOS 12, which makes it like it was released yesterday.

Buy it, if your obsession with newest and latest is not that strong.

4. AppleB macrumors 6502a

AppleB

I have a 6 Plus that I booted up and updated to iOS 12. Runs great. Do I would imagine a 6S would run just as well or better.

5. keeper macrumors 6502

My 6s+ is running fine on IOS12, so much so that I can’t see a reason to upgrade, I only use the camera for snaps and it’s OK.

6. tonybarnaby macrumors 65816

Make sure it really is refurbished by apple and not the seller.

7. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68000

Freakonomics101

Was just going to say this. Someone else on here posted something about an iPad that “was refurbished by Apple” when it really wasn’t. You’re better off buying on Swappa... where you’ll know that won’t happen. ebay is worse.

8. bj097 thread starter macrumors regular

How about buying on Amazon US?

It's sold by third party seller but Amazon said "Fulfilled by Amazon"

Can it be trusted?

9. Caspavio macrumors regular

Caspavio

fulfilment by amazon only means that the storage, packaging and delivery is by amazon. whether the product is trustworthy depends on the 3rd party seller

10. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

My (now 3 year old) 6s is running great with iOS 12, it feels as fast and fluid as the day I bought it. I’m thinking about upgrading to an XR when it comes out but honestly with my trusty old 6s running as great as it is I’m finding it hard to justify the upgrade.

11. kawalerzysta macrumors regular

kawalerzysta

Yes. Even if it 3rd party selling it, Amazon is handling logistics. Plus you can return the item as you could any item that was sold directly by Amazon. No need to deal with seller. Because of that I have no issues buying stuff that was fulfilled by Amazon.

12. jenag145 macrumors regular

I agree with this!! Make sure it’s refurbished by apple! And I have both the xs and 6s and I love both

13. bj097 thread starter macrumors regular

Great knowledge that I never knew.
    I thought it meant quality guranteed by Amazon

14. chrfr macrumors 604

You should consider a "refurbished" phone sold by someone other than direct Apple sales is nothing more than a used phone. The warranty, if any, is only useful if you can find that vendor when you have a problem with the phone.

15. bj097 thread starter macrumors regular

OK. I've decided to purchase a new iPhone 8 64GB instead.

How about buying from authorized reseller? Is it as good
    quality as buying directly from Apple store?

Because they have sales now, 50 usd less for iPhone 8 here in my country.

16. Caspavio macrumors regular

Caspavio

17. FeliApple macrumors 65816

FeliApple

You are running iOS 9 on a 6s plus? Nice!
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2018 ---
    Per the OP's question, I do believe the 6s is a great phone. If you get it, never update the iOS version and you will be fine.

18. Venderious macrumors regular

Venderious

I personally still use the iPhone 6s. My usage does not justify the cost of a newer phone, since I only use it to text or occasionally browse the web or instagram. The battery life is the worst aspect of the 6s for me. I recently had the battery replaced, which improved battery life just a little. However, I still have to charge it two times a day. If you do not use heavy apps like snapchat, you should be fine. For me it is mandatory to carry an external battery pack with me. iOS 12 does run smoothly on the iPhone 6s, it is plenty fast for most people.

Perosnally, I would get a 6s on the second hand market (which is way cheaper). Probably, the battery in the second hand ones has a run-down capacity, but till the end of the year you can get it replaced for 30 dollars at any certified apple reseller.

19. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

6s is still great today but I doubt it's going to run iOS 13 very well. I personally don't think it's a decent buy. Better off getting the 7 and getting 2 good years out of it. My 2 cents

20. wmdunn macrumors member

wmdunn

In the USA, the iPhone 7 (Certified Refurbished by Apple) is $379.