Worth getting a ZAGG screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Jun 25, 2010.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I already have a CandyShell on the back so I don't need/want full body coverage. But I was considering getting a screen protector and installed from an Invisible Shield kiosk at the mall. They said after tax and install, it's $20 and they do it to eliminate bubbles and all that. What do you think?

I've had iPhones in the past and not had screen problems. But the retina display is so beautiful I might want to protect it as much as possible.

2. Jay26 macrumors member

I don't have any information regarding the zagg, but how do you like the candyshell for the iphone 4? I'm thinking about heading to AT&T to pick one up.

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I like it a lot! My original plan was getting a crappy hold off case until something nice comes along, but Candyshell does the trick just fine. It's always been a case I've eyed with previous models, too.

4. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

I got the griffin reveal as my day one hold-off case but it wasn't that cheap. I want the speck but none of the at&t stores in my area have them.

EDIT: Can you post pictures of how much the speck sticks out past the screen?

5. Tee Hee macrumors member

Well for my 3GS I bought one from a Zagg mall kiosk outside of the Apple store there. I had the guy there install it for me and it went great. Though after about 4 months the back side started to come off, I ended up just taking off the backside. The front screen protector worked fine.

This time though I really don't feel like getting Zagg. They aren't BAD, but they just don't feel right. I'm gonna try just buying those static cling 99cent protectors off of ebay when I get my iPhone 4.

6. hypractv macrumors newbie

I purchased the Zagg screen protector for my iPhone 4. Based on the reading I did it seemed like the best of breed along with the Ghost Armor.

The instructions were minimal, however, they have good you tube videos.

As far as protection, this stuff will likely do an EXCELLENT job. With that said, I am not all that pleased with the texture of the film.

After 18 hours it feels a bit orange peeled. I am not sure if that will go away entirely, but we shall see.

7. Tee Hee macrumors member

A side note that I noticed was if you dig your fingernail into it or something since it kinda has that rubbery feel to it you'll kinda of leave an indentation. It's not easy to do, but my had slipped a lil' and I pressed pretty hard into it and left a small mark on the side of my screen. It is not noticeable unless you look real hard though.

I'd show a picture, but my 3GS is LONG gone.

SO CUT YOUR NAILS!

8. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I got it for my iPhone 4 I really don't like the feel of it, I've never used one before, so I'm going to give it a week or so.