Worth going from 6S Plus to 7 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jyyz, Sep 16, 2016.

1. jyyz macrumors member

Hi all:

Interested in hearing from anyone with a 6S Plus that has moved to the 7 Plus.

I have a 6S Plus which has been my favourite iPhone yet. Still happy with it a year out from having picked it up. There are a few things about the 7 Plus that are appealing: most notably the new camera set up.

Curious to hear from anyone that has been using a 6S Plus and has moved up to the 7 Plus. I have a 7 Plus on order, but have been on the fence, and keep debating cancelling the order and keeping what I have.

Thanks!

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I did it more for the new larger battery and cameras. Other than that, it feels just like my old 6S+.

3. maleficent86 macrumors regular

maleficent86

Yes, I was wondering the same thing too. I feel like it might be best to wait for the iPhone 8 Plus for use 6S Plus owners

4. jyyz thread starter macrumors member

I want to buy it, just don't want to fork over all that cash and regret it.

5. J4B3 macrumors regular

J4B3

Assuming you trade-in or sell your 6S+ and pay $300-400 out of pocket, is it worth is for:

1. Water resistance
    2. New black color
    3. Stereo speakers
    4. Optical zoom
    5. [negative] loss of headphone jack

Otherwise it will feel exactly the same.

Some say it's worth it, some say no.

I'm going for it, because I'm actually surprised at how well the 6S held its resale value. I think all these leasing programs really helped those who sell it themselves; there are just less phones on the market.

6. jyyz thread starter macrumors member

I don't care about the headphones: I have a great pair of Bluetooth ones already. I have a buyer for my 6S Plus $750, but this new one is still $600 above that unlocked. I've pretty much always sold the old model to get the new. With the price increases past few years it's not as clear a choice. In the old days you'd sell an iPhone, upgrade to a new, and make money in the process from the sale of the old one.

7. unglued macrumors member

Don't do it. Keep the 6S Plus it has lots of processing power and wait for next years model. Comparison benchmark lab testings against the 7 Plus are already pouring out and the 6S Plus is holding out very strong including quicker boot times.

8. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

9. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

No way unless you are Some type of Phtography Student or professional Youtuber

10. NorthSeaBeach macrumors regular

Ofcourse not. But if you can afford it go for it.

11. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

You always have 14 days to return it. There are some good new features. Worth it to give it a shot.

12. jyyz thread starter macrumors member

I can, but it's just at the point where you question it. Doesn't help that the 6S Plus is actually the best iPhone I've ever had. (3G was good, 3GS was bad, 4 was really good, 5 hands down absolute worst iPhone ever, 6 decent but underpowered.)

13. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I have a 6s. I'm upgrading. Water resistance and a new camera on the 7 plus. I'd like to have a larger screen. Probably keep that for two years unless next year blows me away.

14. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

I'm actually on the lookout for a slim case that has the appearance of an iPhone 7 for um my friend. Cheap upgrade

15. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

You want it now because it's shiny and new and it's fun to get the hot new item. Make yourself wait a week and see if you still want it. I bet you won't.

16. NorthSeaBeach macrumors regular

Well I'm holding off to next years version. Not that impressed tbh. Just not enough of an upgrade to part with my cash.