Worth increasing storage?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dwgwilliams, Feb 25, 2016.

1. dwgwilliams macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am newbie to this forum, so here goes. . .

I have returning to studying and I have decided to move over to apple products. I love using my iPad to read academic papers and I want to go for the full experience.
    I understand that there is a rumour that new laptops may be released in March and I am holding on for that.
    However, my question is looking at both 13" MBPr there is a £180 difference (at academic pricing) between the 128 and 256GB storage. Is this increase in storage worth the cost or are there after market options that provide more value for money - I am thinking a fast external HDD?

Cheers,

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Honestly, it 100% depends on the user. Do you download a lot of apps, movies, music, etc? For me personally, 128 GB is plenty. I stream music, only use a handful of apps, and never really take videos so my photos app is just that, photos. I have around 80GB free on a 128GB computer and do not see it being filled ever.

Just like a phone, only you can make the decision that is best for you. I also have 45Gb free on my 64GB iphone. What are you using the computer for?