Worth it to get the 32GB for HD videos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danish1542, Jun 14, 2010.

1. danish1542 macrumors member

I hardly use much of the memory on my current 16gb iphone 3gs, but im wondering if the hd videos will take up a lot of memory. What do you think?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I have a camera that shoots 720p with an 8 GB SD card. I don't think I've used up much of the SD card - enough to worry at least - and I've shot 30 minutes at a time.

16 GB should be fine.

3. wickedawesome31 macrumors member

You should also take into consideration the amount of music and apps you plan to have on the iPhone. I'm purchasing the 32GB just to be safe.

4. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Do you have an extra $100 to spend? Yes? Do it.

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Are you cutting feature films?

I never felt cramped on my 8gb first gen iPhone, but got the 32Gb because it was 'only' 100 dollars more. Never used over 5 gigs of it and that's including music I don't listen to or iPhone formatted movies that i've already watched and don't intend to watch anytime soon.

6. OneHit89 macrumors member

i also have to make this decision in the next few hours... I have a 3g 8GB which was not large enough, but i dont know if the 32 GB is really worth the extra money. I wont be taking huge amounts of video, I think if I can store around 15 mins of video in 1-2 GB i should be more then fine with the 16 GB... I think.

Thoughts?

7. Espo macrumors 6502

I have an 8gb 3G I have 1.6 GB available with 24 apps, 900 songs ad 57 photos.

I dont take many photos because the camera sucks, and no video. The only videos i had were p90x which werent too large.

With the HD photos and video, I'm hoping the extra 8gb will be enough. I cant see my music or apps expanding so greatly.