Worth it to upgrade 3Gs to 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chkw94, Oct 16, 2011.

1. chkw94 macrumors newbie

Well now that the 4S is out, I think I'm going to the used market and get a preowned iPhone 4. I've found some good deals, like a 32gig for $400.

Is it worth it to upgrade now from 3Gs to 4? I still have a year left on my contract, and after I might need to go without a contract for a bit.

2. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

This is exactly what I'm thinking of doing. No way would I burn my 2 year contract on a mid-cycle upgrade to the 4. Getting a cheap (and they're getting cheaper by the day) 4 makes a lot of sense.

I'm in no hurry though. The 3GS still works like a charm and except for the 'retina' display (that I can hardly notice the difference on) and the better camera, there's not a lot of difference. (oh, the back on the 3GS doesn't shatter when you drop it).

3. aneftp macrumors 601

Yes. You can get good deals for the iPhone 4 this weekend especially with some more affluent people who are upgrading to the 4 S and don't really care about nickel and diming for an extra $50-100 with their used iPhone 4.

The 3 GS to the 4 (double memory, retina display, form change, much better 5mp camera and 720p video recording) makes it worth while especially if u intend to stay out of cOntract to keep your options open.

The 4 to 4s in my opinion isn't an essential upgrade.
    It's similar to the 3G to 3GS upgrade question. Faster, better camera, Siri but same form factor and same screen.

4. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

this is what i did

sold my 3gs last week for 220 and got a 32gb iphone 4 off clist for 275

great upgrade so happy i did it

also i went from atat to verizon and thats a big upgrade too